2003 Dodge Neon 5000 rms reliably how?

with only a 270 amp alt your system would be pulling a lot out of the batteries. with a system that requires 362 amps as you said plus the car needing around 40-50 amps so you have around 400 amps of draw or more. youll get pretty bad voltage drop from your batteries because the alt cant keep up with that at full rpm. plus that alternator probably only puts out 100-150 at idle so your pulling even more from the batteries then

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

well 3k rms at 13.8 volts is 217 amps which would leave roughly 50 -60 amps for rest of the car ... stock alt is 80-100 amps a car uses roughly 60-70% of capacity so 60 to 70 amps would be for the car .that would leave me drawing 10 to 20 amps over output . I plan on a overdrive pully to get full output as close to idle as i can

hopeful noob

with only a 270 amp alt your system would be pulling a lot out of the batteries. with a system that requires 362 amps as you said plus the car needing around 40-50 amps so you have around 400 amps of draw or more. youll get pretty bad voltage drop from your batteries because the alt cant keep up with that at full rpm. plus that alternator probably only puts out 100-150 at idle so your pulling even more from the batteries then

the dc 270 xp is 200+ at idle. he could do always try it

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Bump for plausibility of 3000 rms?

you should be fine with 3kRMS and the BEST (amps at idle) alt you can get. Also, don't get cheap powerwire. But you wont be drawing peak amps all the time unless you plan on driing around with a 30hz test tone playing full tilt.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db