I was showing my dad my new box I built today and he just looked at it and shook his head and told me I was gonna get a ticket.. Later today I walk in while he was telling my mom it was a waste of money.. So my question is if anyone elses dad like this? Or do I just have a uptight one?

Yep my step-dad is the same way let me list some of what he has said lol:

"waste of money"

"waste of time"

"waste of space"

"horrible on vehicles/will ruin vehicle (may be true with major flex lol)"

"sounds stupid"

"distraction"

"waste of money"

"waste of money"

o and:

"waste of money"

My step-dad is a farmer too has been all his life.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

O ya and he hasnt seen my c-pillar wall with 4 12's yet either ;p im waiting for him to discover it....

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I was showing my dad my new box I built today and he just looked at it and shook his head and told me I was gonna get a ticket.. Later today I walk in while he was telling my mom it was a waste of money.. So my question is if anyone elses dad like this? Or do I just have a uptight one?

Yep my step-dad is the same way let me list some of what he has said lol:

"waste of money"

"waste of time"

"waste of space"

"horrible on vehicles/will ruin vehicle (may be true with major flex lol)"

"sounds stupid"

"distraction"

"waste of money"

"waste of money"

o and:

"waste of money"

My step-dad is a farmer too has been all his life.

That's how everybody on my dads side of the family is. One time I was hooking up a little 8" to my room system and my grandpas was like you're gonna ruin everything and go deaf.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

meh he is right it is a ''waste'' of money, as most hobbies are. As long as it's your cash and you take care of everything important first it doesn't really matter. The minute you start to put off payments or not pay bills on time just cause you want a new sub then it becomes a problem.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

My dad was pretty awesome about it. He fronted the money for my first system when I was 16 and had a guy he works with help me install it and show me the ropes a little. He doesn't understand it, but over ten years later he still takes the time to see what work I've done. My mom even got excited about it when I told her about the PC going in the car.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

lol my dad hated subs untill i started competing and braught home a second place trophie :) hit a 137.8 with 2 10" jl wx tuned at 32Hz on 1 Alpine mrp-m500 and 2 10" jl w3s tuned at 34hz on a Alpine mrp-m500 both boxes facing up in the trunk. then i told him about my plans to open my own shop one day and i told him everything i know... hes paying for all my college and books and tests for the MECP license i think thats what it is.. he hated it when i would just drive around town cuz he would get calls from all his friends that my car is to loud and rattles to much. i think its just farmers that get anoyed by it... my dads side of the family.. my mom loves subs my uncle on my moms side of the family is deaf so he has subs cuz he cant listen to music he feels the bass and enjoys it lol.

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

The three daily drivers at my house have systems...

Mine:

95 S-10 Extended cab

Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

2 SA-12's

SAE-1000D

Pioneer 4x6's

Pioneer 6.5's

Pioneer 50 x 4 amp

Rebuilt alt

0guage monster cable

Mom:

2003 Trail Blazer

Pioner newer version of mine

2 old polk 10s

Alpine 4 channel amp with sub channel

Pioneer 6.5s

Pioneer 6.75s

Scosche wire from my old setup

Dad:

93 Toyota mini truck (hilux?)

Old pioneer head unit

2 Kicker Comp 12's

forget amp type... does 1000RMS

Old monster flex 4 guage from his mustang when he was my age.

Pioneer 6.5's

My dad built/installed/paid for all of it...

I tried to help, but he kind of just lets me show him how the ohm load/box tuning calcs work and he goes at it from there...

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

Archived