Dual alt install and now belt squeal

You got a pic of that dual alt setup. A slipping serpentine belt means you don't have enough pulley wrap around the accessory you are trying to drive. You might have to step up to larger idlers to fix the problem. Good luck.

Also the Dayco website is very good for searching by dimensional size ie. pulley diameter or belt length. It will give you part numbers and you can search for them at the summit racing site.

Dayco Dimensional Lookup

2011-06-17_11-46-08_631.jpg

of course the fan blade blocks the pulley thatst here. I dont think belt wrap is the issue. Im leaning on the tensioner is starting to go so thats on its way. i just wanted to go to the best belt out there while i was at it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the green one ive only seen steve run. it has 7 or 8 ribs so you would have to cut ribs off. i have not been able to find the belt though. the more common belt is the goodyear gatorback. ive talked to several people who say that belt got rid of the slipping. i have the same squeal only at high rpm and im about to get a gatorback.

Not so sure on that. First, I doubt HIGHLY Steve would put a belt on a tahoe thats worth MEGA money that he had to cut to make work, just doesnt make sense. Also, Gates will have a 6 rib belt in proper length to accomodate these apps. Remember, these green belts are for heavy semi's, so these long lengths that we require for multi alts is NO PROBLEM as some of these SEMI trucks take god aweful long belts....

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

You got a pic of that dual alt setup. A slipping serpentine belt means you don't have enough pulley wrap around the accessory you are trying to drive. You might have to step up to larger idlers to fix the problem. Good luck.

Negitive ghost rider..... He just needs to play with either 1 of 2 things OR BOTH!! Either get a 1/2" shorter belt, install it and see how it is then. Or replace tentioner and shorter belt and try it then.... No need to touch any idler pully

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Negitive ghost rider..... He just needs to play with either 1 of 2 things OR BOTH!! Either get a 1/2" shorter belt, install it and see how it is then. Or replace tentioner and shorter belt and try it then.... No need to touch any idler pully

You're right. Now seeing his setup, it's obvious the belt wrap around the pulley isn't the issue. I would do a new tensioner first, assuming this kit was just installed, and the belt is new and was included in the kit. I'd want to see where the tensioner lands with regards to stock before making the jump to a shorter belt. Too much tension will wreak havoc on accessory bearing. If you wanted to be able to drive like a mad man and keep a multi alt setup from ever slipping you'd have to make the jump to 8 or 10 rib belt.