i ahve a 91 c1500 with a 5.7 tbi with about 148k on it as soon as i bought the truck (around Feb of this year) i replaced the plugs and plug wires and stuff like that but it still seems to idle rough i dont really what to put that much money into the motor i just want it to run good enough till i can do an lsx swap any suggestions

thanks

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

i believe it might just be running rough (hence the tbi).... but just to check this is the way i was tought to check if its misfiring put the e brake on put in in drive with one foot hold the brake and with the other start reving till like 3-4k rpm and listen for the misfire u can clearly tell

Edited by bassHZ

cowboys_logo.gif

ill try to get a vid in the morning its mainly only at idle when its rough when i accelerate or the motor is under load its fine

so your saying just cause its an old tired tbi?

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

The butterfly valves on the TBI might be dirty and not allowing enough air to pass through.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

ill try to get a vid in the morning its mainly only at idle when its rough when i accelerate or the motor is under load its fine

so your saying just cause its an old tired tbi?

well i wouldnt say cuz its old but from the experience i have working with chevys with tbi like older camaros astros etc. and almost all of them idled rough so u might be fine i wouldnt really worry about it if its only at idle .... now if it was carburated that be another story (i rememeber my old cutlass)o yeah like blue said and i would also clean the throttle body with some cleaner

Edited by bassHZ

cowboys_logo.gif

i just want it to last long enough for me to save for an lsx swap i have seen locally 6.0 engine/trans/harness ready to go for 850 and i have been told that a 5.3 could be had for 500 or less

look into seafoam, it is know to smooth the idle of older engines. Unless you are doing the swap yourself an LQ4 or LQ9 6L with tranny will end up being at least $5k installed, can be cheaper if you don't rebuild them before you drop it in. I'm nearly $20k into a forged 408 with a maggy but I am paying a shop to do it, would have been more like $16k if I could have done it myself.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I was told on gmt400 that a lq4 swap start to finish including parts can be done myself for 3-3.5k I don't plan to rebuild the trans but maybe a bigger stall, a shift kit, and of course a service before installing