Civic Hatch Build 4 SA-8's+AQ2200

Great work on the box. It looks very nice and the port idea is cool. What do u think it will do on the mic?

thanks man, I'm not real sure, it's way louder on the ear-o-meter then I expected, but it's a small car so that can be deceiving. I'll put it on the meter as soon as I can borrow somebody's laptop, I have a termlab but no laptop to run it lol.

'05 escalade - now for sale :(

'96 civic hatch - 4 Sundown SA-8's on an Aq2200d

TL numbers coming soon

'00 suburban - 4 AQ sdc2.5 15's on 2 Aq2200d's

153.1db @ 40hz / 150+db on music

now retired

Looks very nice man, that side panel with the smaller port doesn´t rattle or move at all having only 4 screws/t nuts or whatever the name is on english?? great looking box , very interested on watching some TL numbers :)

the port face is screwed down VERY tight, the pics don't really do justice to those Allen head bolts, they're massive. either 3/8's inch or 1/2" I don't remember. there's also 2 regular screws at the bottom below the port opening that attach the bottom edge to the bottom side of the box. it's a very tight seal.

TL numbers coming soon

now retired

nice build! hows your voltage? im going to have a lot of the same electrical and amps...and possibly same subs lol

voltage ain't bad man, besides the d3100 in the back all i have is a stock batt up front and a stock alt, don't even have the big 3 done yet lol. voltage stays above 13.0 most of the time, if i crank it enough to make the amp soft clip it'll drop into the 12's but never below 12.5

TL numbers coming soon

now retired

• 4 weeks later...

finally got this setup on my termlab today, did a 145 @ 37hz, still lots of tweaking left to do. gonna try to make an actual spl port before the local show next weekend.

TL numbers coming soon

now retired

thanks, gonna see what I can get out of it with higher tuning, this score was with my daily port that's tuned to 32hz. I'm hoping to get closer to 150 at a higher frequency.

TL numbers coming soon

now retired

I think that a 150 is totally possible, and yeah a higher tuneing would do good, I got a 91 civic hatchback and my cars resonant frequency is around 50-60, havent found the exact Hz yet but it is in that range.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 3 months later...

thanks, gonna see what I can get out of it with higher tuning, this score was with my daily port that's tuned to 32hz. I'm hoping to get closer to 150 at a higher frequency.

Hey sorry for jumping in or whatever you call it that i did to the thread, any who by any chance you could explain how you wrapped your box with cardboard?

Well not shure what u ended up doing but try @ 61hz thats where we hit best in a honda hatch

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

Archived