Second Skin Audio

aero port design

Hmmmm something to think about thanks Fish Chris.....I guess you could have your port sticking out the front baffle where your subs are mount also.

Correct. I had about 8" of external port in my last setup so instead of having just plastic tube hanging out I built a little "beauty box" to try something new and make it look a little better imo. Without external port, there would not have been enough clearance. Worked well.

101_1138.jpg

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Hmmmm something to think about thanks Fish Chris.....I guess you could have your port sticking out the front baffle where your subs are mount also.

Correct. I had about 8" of external port in my last setup so instead of having just plastic tube hanging out I built a little "beauty box" to try something new and make it look a little better imo. Without external port, there would not have been enough clearance. Worked well.

101_1138.jpg

how did you calculate port displacement when part of the port is not inside the box?

I use torres calc, there in an "external port" section that you can type in exactly how much of your port is actually not inside of the enclosure.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1e28f7d3956a626f&sc=documents&id=1E28F7D3956A626F%21250

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

101_1138.jpg

btw Cashdollar nice looking like that how does the aero port sound and what is it tuned too how much port area do you have ? sorry for all the questions