Sonic Electronix

Okay so as long as I set the gains correctly then this setup will totally work?

Yes, find someone with a o-scope or better yet get urself one of these Click Here and learn to set ur gains urself :)

could you explain to me how that is better than an oscope? It's faster and more simple to use but I don't see how it's ''better''

An oscope (well, the scopes we use) would only be able to tell you if you're clipping. The DD1 tells you whether or not you have distortion.

As I know you know, you can have distortion without clipping, but you can't have clipping without distortion.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Yes, find someone with a o-scope or better yet get urself one of these Click Here and learn to set ur gains urself :)

could you explain to me how that is better than an oscope? It's faster and more simple to use but I don't see how it's ''better''

You took better to serious, i meant it as "heres a better (cheaper) idea", i never said that the DD was better than an O-scope. Some people dont have the money to by a o-scope, and if the DD works as its said it will, it is way cheaper than an o-scope.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

I didn't know it would should harmonic distortion, the audio pipe guys need to invest in one then. I was serious with my question, I figured I over looked something and I had. They are the same price though (dd and oscope)

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

An oscope (well, the scopes we use) would only be able to tell you if you're clipping. The DD1 tells you whether or not you have distortion.

As I know you know, you can have distortion without clipping, but you can't have clipping without distortion.

if you are just using a cheap hand held one, yes. but let me ask you this, when you have the bass turned up full tilt do you really care if there is a slight amount of distortion? could you ever actually hear it? wouldnt all the rattling panels be 100x worse?

but this isnt a topic about the dd1 so lets not make it into one.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

lol sooo......

back over here haha

Okay.... so as long as I correctly tune the amp then everything will be good?

I am asking about this setup because I plan on eventually adding more amps but for now this will have to do.

Now:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer

Pioneer AVH-P3300BT

250amp alt, "excessive amperage"

Big 3 0gauge "kicker"

KHC2000

Massive Audio N4

2x DC Xl

Street wires 0 gauge

Monster 402 speaker cable

Future addition:

2x Massive Audio N4

2x KHC2000

1 KHC1800 under hood

yes you will be fine, I've ran my subs off head unit power before. The only thing you will have a problem with is it won't break in nearly as fast so it will take longer to play low as it is designed to do.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distortion

Picture one shows some samples of distortion in various forms, using the blue line almost to the end at the bottom of the wave you see how it changes direction acting kind of like a V, happens to be distortion and using an o-scope would be easy to think nothing of of it cause your looking for what's happening on the ORANGE line.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

yes you will be fine, I've ran my subs off head unit power before. The only thing you will have a problem with is it won't break in nearly as fast so it will take longer to play low as it is designed to do.

Okay cool I can do with the whole patience

Now:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer

Pioneer AVH-P3300BT

250amp alt, "excessive amperage"

Big 3 0gauge "kicker"

KHC2000

Massive Audio N4

2x DC Xl

Street wires 0 gauge

Monster 402 speaker cable

Future addition: