Sonic Electronix

lot of good info in here!

well i know my box is about as small as it can be just under 3.0 cubes tuned to 35hz for 4 sa 8"s2011-07-30154101.jpg

2011-07-30154115.jpg

painting and finishing it up today

Edited by One Luv

am I the only one that knows impedance rise is what makes your system play all freq evenly with out it all you could play is woofer fs?

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Is that going under the rear seat of a truck? Thats a badass design, I really like that!

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

am I the only one that knows impedance rise is what makes your system play all freq evenly with out it all you could play is woofer fs?

that makes no sense at all

coming from you it's no surprise you don't have a clue.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

but ideally you still want it as low as possible correct?

for a burp box you want it low as possible, for a daily box you want it to be flat. A speaker is more efficient right around resonant freq. you need it to rise at res freq to lower the input power it receives so it will play all freq equally. There is a lot more to impedance rise then just rising 10db and be done with it. Heat, humidity, air flow, wattage, freq, all have an effect on how much the coil's impedance will rise. To be correct, it's not rising at all, the enclosure lowers impedance spikes, play a driver free air and clamp it to see how far it spikes, that is why wall socket test are completely pointless. Everybody always ignores the fact you need impedance to ''rise'' to get a flat responding sub stage. you want your highest peak impedance to be low as possible as it is almost always at your most efficient spot in your enclosure, after that you want it to level out the spikes and dips in the drivers response.

mcintoshsigz.png