Sonic Electronix

Setting gains without any electrical tools

Are running any "in line" xovers? If your powering components with xovers like my bostons the you can run it fp or fullpass cause the xovers will kill any freqs the driver isn't designed for

Edited by EBW

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Boston S60 6.5 components

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

No deadener :/

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

Active or passive crossover that go between your speaker wires and speakers

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

If your running components or 6x9 on cross overs you can just turn you ferqs settings all the way up let the crossovers do their job as for gains if your HU RCAs puts out 4,5,6v then you gains should be fairly low due to I high input signal but Alpine makes some good stuff so you should be ok as for xover location I mounted mine in the door with the speakers just forward of the window track with the thick double sided foam tape just be sure you clean both the crossover and mounting location with isp alcohol first for a good bond and mount the where the heat from the summers sun doesn't make gravity/vibration work against you trust me last thing you want to do is tear panels off again cause your electronics are bumbling around

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

But what should the HP filter that is built in to my Pioneer deck be set at?

80hz is the general rule.

If your running components or 6x9 on cross overs you can just turn you ferqs settings all the way up let the crossovers do their job as for gains if your HU RCAs puts out 4,5,6v then you gains should be fairly low due to I high input signal but Alpine makes some good stuff so you should be ok as for xover location I mounted mine in the door with the speakers just forward of the window track with the thick double sided foam tape just be sure you clean both the crossover and mounting location with isp alcohol first for a good bond and mount the where the heat from the summers sun doesn't make gravity/vibration work against you trust me last thing you want to do is tear panels off again cause your electronics are bumbling around

i fail to see why he should not use a high pass filter for his components to prevent distortion/bottoming out. im sure he doesnt want that.

edit: "regular" component crossovers only cut out the low frequencies going to the tweeter and the high frequencies that go to the midbass driver. personally, ive never heard of any component crossover that has a built in high pass filter to cut off frequencies that should be handled by a subwoofer.

Edited by Kranny

He's using crossovers provided with the components which cut out any freqs the drivers are not ment for I know mine do reguardless of input signal and its better to start people in the right direction than to vomit information so the get confused or discouraged plus his HU set up won't let any lower freqs out so bottoming out is not a factor but distortion on the other hand is all in the HU volume max and amp gain settings, wasn't tryin to overload the guy but I'm sure he will be alright as long as he uses his crossovers and keeps the gains at a respectable level

*I stand corrected my crossovers freq rang is 55hz to 20khz so they do cut out the low bass but not all the bass

Edited by EBW

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

He's using crossovers provided with the components which cut out any freqs the drivers are not ment for I know mine do reguardless of input signal and its better to start people in the right direction than to vomit information so the get confused or discouraged plus his HU set up won't let any lower freqs out so bottoming out is not a factor but distortion on the other hand is all in the HU volume max and amp gain settings, wasn't tryin to overload the guy but I'm sure he will be alright as long as he uses his crossovers and keeps the gains at a respectable level

im not "vomiting" information. show me proof of a crossover that cuts out LOW FREQUENCIES so the midbass driver does not get damaged from overexcursion. his headunit wont let out low frequencies if he puts the HPF on. your information is super misleading, btw.

If you set the xover on the HU the ones on the amp can be all the way up and its only going to play the frequency the HU sends

how does this make sense? why would you want the crossover frequency to be all the way up on the amp? depending on the amp, it will cut off a good usable chunk of the response band and make your speakers sound like shit because there will be no midrange.

Humm that's odd cause he understood an amp only amplifys the input signal if his head unit is set to send a signal from 80-20k it doesn't matter how low the lp filter is set on the amp will never produce a note lower than 80hz or higher than 20khz

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz