Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, right now i have 2 alpine type R (2011 model) and it was really loud for 3 days and something happened to were its no longer loud. It still hits but its definitely noticeable volume drop. I checked the voltage at the amp and at resting it was like 14.0v and when it hit it went down to 12.5v. I dont think thats the issue. I believe that maybe some of the wires inside the box may have went bad. I know the terminal cup in this prefab box sucks so I'll have to check it out.

But even when it was playing loud... still lightweight disappointing. I need more bass!!! So i'm thinking about doing 4 x 10" or 4 x 12" or 2 x 15" possibly 2 x 18". Each sub will be 1000 watts rms.

I'm not 100% sure on my airspace but it will all go in the trunk of my accent, which is kinda small. But i don't mind taking up the whole trunk with a clamshell type design. I just don't want to take out the backseats just yet, i still use them regularly.

Just wanted to know what you guys thought on what would be best. I want it at least to do a hair trick lol Everything is still on the planning stage so whatever you guys want to say go ahead, like if the subs need to handle more than 1000 rms just lemme know. Im open to all suggestions and criticism!!! You can check out my build to see what i got at the moment...

Thanks a lot

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I'm not sure how familiar you are with car audio, but it is important to realize that as you upgrade to high powered amps and subs, your charging system must also be properly upgraded. Before you spend all your money on expensive subs and amps, you need to factor in the cost of electrical upgrades. On another note, you said that you "at least" want to do a hairtrick. Countless factors go into producing acoustic levitation (which allows hairtricks to occur) and producing this levitation is far from easy.

Edited by Jeep727

Doubt two 18s would fit properly in the trunk, 15s may not as well... how much space do you have for the enclosure? Max dimensions please

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with car audio, but it is important to realize that as you upgrade to high powered amps and subs, your charging system must also be properly upgraded. Before you spend all your money on expensive subs and amps, you need to factor in the cost of electrical upgrades. On another note, you said that you "at least" want to do a hairtrick. Countless factors go into producing acoustic levitation (which allows hairtricks to occur) and producing this levitation is far from easy.

Yup which is why i wanna know what i can fit back there, and how powerful it has to be lol I know hair tricks are really hard but thats at the least my goal for this car. I think it will be a little easier cuz i have a very small hatchback but then again nothing in this life is easy haha. I just wanted to know the proper steps in getting there before i start anything. I'm thinking about getting a custom alt by mechman but idk how many amps i need them to make it.

Doubt two 18s would fit properly in the trunk, 15s may not as well... how much space do you have for the enclosure? Max dimensions please

Well across is like 34"

e86cc21b.jpg

and its like 16" in the middle

4a37e05a.jpg

and 14" on the side

83c8dbac.jpg

and in the picture its 20", but i think max would be 30" to the roof, but it would have to kinda form to the roof

c456eaaa.jpg

I want this box to take up the whole trunk in like a mini clamshell design... I'm thinking i cant fit 4 12" in there

what you guys think.

thanks for the help

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

My 2 type Rs will almost do a small hair trick( I think they will but I havent tested ) out of the hatch on my Scion tC.. And they get stupid loud. You need a new box, you are going to get nothing with a pre fab. Get about 3.7 cubes tuned around 32. Subs up port back about 6 inchs from the back

What Amp? Im running about 2K to my pair and Ive hit a 144 sealed at the dash.

My 2 type Rs will almost do a small hair trick( I think they will but I havent tested ) out of the hatch on my Scion tC.. And they get stupid loud. You need a new box, you are going to get nothing with a pre fab. Get about 3.7 cubes tuned around 32. Subs up port back about 6 inchs from the back

What Amp? Im running about 2K to my pair and Ive hit a 144 sealed at the dash.

Yeah well i have a problem with my setup at the moment where its not playing as loud as it did on day 1 for some reason, i still gotta find the reason as to why...

I got an mb quart amp and its supposedly 1500 rms @ 1 ohm haha but idk exactly what its putting out. I am going to build my own box, this is what it will look like with the amps on top.

486f2998.jpg

And no you cant fit 4 12s, you will be maxed with 2

How come? I already got a quick sketchup of my 2 12" plus another 2 10" but i kinda wanna keep it all 12"

Would it be bad if i had 2x12" and 2x10"??

Heres a rough sketch of what im hoping i can do

57bedd09.jpg

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg