got a few questions about the new alt i have ordered plus 14v questions...

Do it at 15.1v cold. The instructions that come with the alt tell you to run car at around 2000rpm and with lights and/or AC on to simulate a light load on the alt. that way you will set voltage output at alt correctly.

If you have the cash do a 14v battery under hood and two in the back and add another if you have too.

Theres nothing wrong staying at 12v either, just do like a S340 under the hood and a D3100 or two in the rear. As you can see you will spend which ever way you go. If things cost about the same I'd run the 14v for the voltage edge.

XSpower safe charging levels

12v batteries 14.4v

14v batteries 16.8v

16v batteries 19.2v

So you see you can set it at 15v range COLD start because as your car engine bay as well as the alt heats up the voltage will come down to safe charging levels. If you have not purchased a stinger voltage meter you should and hook it to the front battery so you can keep an eye on your voltage.

http://67.199.14.11/store/pc/Stinger-Digital-Blue-LED-Voltage-Monitor-11p117.htm

Please use blue locktite on all your threads when mounting alt.

good luck.

Edited by crunkjuice1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

I wouldnt set it any higher than 15v.. thats kinda the limit w/ 12v bats. usually cold charging voltage is higher and when ur car warms up itll drop some.. i would set it 15v max with nothing on, cold that way it wont it wont go over 15v, but you could always just set it to 14.4 which is the regular charging voltage for 12v bats and not worry about it.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Do it at 15.1v cold. The instructions that come with the alt tell you to run car at around 2000rpm and with lights and/or AC on to simulate a light load on the alt. that way you will set voltage output at alt correctly.

If you have the cash do a 14v battery under hood and two in the back and add another if you have too.

Theres nothing wrong staying at 12v either, just do like a S340 under the hood and a D3100 or two in the rear. As you can see you will spend which ever way you go. If things cost about the same I'd run the 14v for the voltage edge.

lmao if it comes with instructions then obviously just do what it says, i dint know instructions were included haha. and yea your car should be fine running at 14v you just have to be careful above certain voltages you could f up your cars computer / electronics the limit is usually around 16v but many cars are picky.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

lmao if it comes with instructions then obviously just do what it says, i dint know instructions were included haha. and yea your car should be fine running at 14v you just have to be careful above certain voltages you could f up your cars computer / electronics the limit is usually around 16v but many cars are picky.

exactly, id rather just play it safe and keep 12v for the time being, thank you for all the replys, now i just need to find some batts on the cheap

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog