Second Skin Audio

Port area question

It wasn't from the gains. I went with a friend and we metered two different boxes in two different cars. One box was his dual 10 inch alpine type r's with about 12 inches per cube and then his dd 2512s with about 17.5 per cube. The alpine box was fine in both cars, but the dd box was clipped like I have never seen before. By the way the box was a single chamber and gave about a total of 3.5 cubes net for both subs which is really undersized for those 12s in my opinion. Still not sure what the problem is thou lol.

Either the gain was set improperly, or you were playing a song with some major clipping.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

• 1 month later...

People generally run 12-16 square inches per cube for a slot port and 9-13 inches per cube for flared ports. However, I am running one 10" sub in a box with 19.5 inches per cube and it sounds good. If you choose to run a large port are like I am, mount the sub far away from the internal port opening to prevent any unloading possibilities.

I guess I should of waited to redo my port but been tired of waiting from being ill, we are mounting a Sundown SA-15 D2 in a 3.55 cu ft box, over cut the port was going to cut it 3.5x15.5, but cut it 3.75x15.5 about 58.125 port opening and close to a 31.27 long port on 17x17x27 box which puts port closer to the woofer. Before I assembled it thought I would ask as its more like 16.37 per ft. Son thought he seen dual 15s with a 120 opening. I am quiting and trying to find a response before I keep going. Believe they usually suggest something like 15-16 which not off to much, but it is a little over 16 now wondered what you would think?