Murkrow, thanks for sending him the link for my 3sixty. As for your question about the amps, it is rated for 4000w at .5 ohms, 2000w at 1 ohm, and 1200 at 2 ohms each amp. When I strapped them both together I was seeing an impedance rise from my nominal .5 ohm load up to 1.2 ohms. The impedamce rise killed me because I was only getting the amps to work at 1 ohm. This meant that both amps were putting out their rated power of 2000w rms at 1 ohm. When you strap any amps together you are always supposed to strap at double the impedance of what the amp can handle by itself. Say for example I have my old db8000 amp you are questioning, each amp can work at .5 ohms without any problems, now to strap it you would double that impedance (.5 x 2) and get 1 ohm. This is the lowest impedance load you should safely operate the amp at all times when strapped. Now if you talk about my current amp of the dc 5.0k, that is capable of running as low as 1 ohm, so if I wanted to strap two of them together, I would have to get a 2 ohm load on the amps (1 x 2=2 ohms)

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my bad i was wondering if the 3 sixty 2 is something like this one check link http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10397_AudioControl-DQXS.html

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

It is somewhat like the one you linked, this one is more geared toward the 3sixty: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9538_AudioControl-DQL-8.html

The audiocontrol lacks a lot of the control you can gain from having a 3sixty.2 though but it serves basically the same functions, to be an equalizer, line driver, and crossover. Im not sure if the audiocontrol has time delay like the 3sixty.2 offers but the 3sixty has more equalizer bands you can adjust and level off the sound in your entire system plus it is made to be controlled wirelessly so you dont need to fiddle with the audiocontrol being right next to you at all and hearing how the sound arrives to your ears in the seat. When i mess with my 3sixty.2 i just sit in my seat, close all the windows and doors up and play some music that i know has a pretty decent response and play with the eq accordingly. The 3sixty.2 has built in OEM style setup (i used this even though i have an aftermarket headunit) which will figure out how high or low to set the equalizer bands on each input so that each output has a near flat response which is what you should really go for. It can also sum your channels so if for example you have a really old headunit with just 2 rca outputs, it can take the 2 channel input and seperate it into the 6 channels for your entire system with ease.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 2 months later...

Update update update!!! Just received my new hand signed carbon fiber dustcap to replace the one that popped off my SMD when my amp decided to drop its infrasonic filter and make the sub bottom out. Pics uploading to PB right now. Stay Tuned!!

Alright, so as promised here are the pics of the new dustcap and since i thought it would fit well i posted pics of my new SMD had i bought from Steve. Anyways enough talk, enjoy!!

HPIM1946.jpg

HPIM1944.jpg

HPIM1943.jpg

2011-12-12_16-01-41_248.jpg

2011-12-12_16-00-18_387.jpg

• 4 months later...

Alright guys and girls, im hoping to get more up to date videos and pics of my system on here. I recently reconed my SMD after burning the tinsel leads (ill openly admit it was my fault but i learned how to prevent it and what i did wrong) and im back in action as of a week ago with the bass. Ill get a video and some pics up if the weather gets nice this week when that storm passes through here.

edit: i also recently got another 3sixty.2 for a future update im doing to my truck with the doors. Im going to learn how to fiberglass this summer and mod my pillars for 2 tweeters and then do my doors and power the doors off my precision power pc2350 amp that is rated a 750w rms at 4 ohms. That should be more than enough power for the doors i think, lol.

Nice dust cap! hing to see vids

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1Set Alpine Type-R Components

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

Thank you sir, its hard to tell but its black and blue for the CF dustcap. It really pops in the sunlight. I love that i went with that kind of dustcap. The stock one is alright but the CF one makes it pop really well.

Alright little update, and i mean little lol. I couldnt get enough time today to go out and get a updated run through vid of my system, im hoping to do that this weekend. I also have great news for everyone on here, i made plans with my friend to attempt a hair trick with my system. That wont happen until wednesday May 2nd though so sorry. I am still making that video because its worth the try, im not sure that it will be as violent as other people have on here but its still well worth the shot. Im going to get that video going for the little run through and a flex video this weekend since the weather should be nice. I have to thank my man spladd1ct on here for providing me with plenty of slowed down songs that he has made. He gave me the song Put On from Jeezy and that is slowed down so far that when the low note plays you can see my roof flexing a good inch or more and ive never seen this from inside my truck before.

Now since most of you may know i burnt up 2 of the 4 tinsel leads on my original SMD. This i will fully admit was my fault and now i know how to prevent it and have since corrected what i was screwing up. So please i ask you not say how stupid i was to do it or anything, the coil on it still reads .6 ohms and is perfect, the lead wires are what broke on me but i got the recone and reconed my SMD and i am playing the recone now as we speak. Here are some pics of how bad of a screw up i did lol.

The two tinsel leads that got so hot they burned up and split in half and shorted out on the tinsel right next to the other. Only 2 of the 4 tinsels snapped.

HPIM2012.jpg

Inside of the coil/former on the sub, it clearly never got hot or anything because its not black or bubbled nor does it show signs of rubbing:

HPIM2010.jpg

Spider landing & pole piece of the SMD:

HPIM2009.jpg

Motor and gap picture with coil showing in the gap:

HPIM2002.jpg

One side of the coil had a little coil rub but that was all from when i bottomed out the sub from not having the subsonic filter set right, the SMD CC-1 has since corrected that problem.

HPIM2004.jpg

Other side of the coil without any rubbing:

HPIM2006.jpg

Archived