Mechman Alternators

new alt, how to adjust voltage?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

giving any demos?

Who is this directed toward, me or the op?

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Mechman used to (idk if they still do this anymore) but rihgt near the heatsink on the back of your alternator where the regulator is there is a tiny screw in there. I dont have a pic but there was one on here somewhere. They only had these in the regulators with the red painted heatsinks. If your alt has this then it will be a pain in the butt to get to sometimes depending on your engines setup but all you need to do is get behind there and turn the screw a little to adjust it. It will be the same procedures as posted by crunkjuice but the adjustment screw is in the back of the alt.

If you can look at the back of your alt and look in particular where the small and short heatsink is. If its painted red then you should have this, if its not then you prob dont have it. If you dont see it post a pic of the rear of your alt and i can see whether you have it or not.

this is the best i can get right now

2011-08-13_20-42-51_469.jpg

2011-08-13_20-42-55_499.jpg

2011-08-13_20-44-57_546.jpg

2011-08-13_20-45-01_577.jpg

2011-08-13_20-46-33_821.jpg

2011-08-13_20-46-41_499.jpg

giving any demos?

all day man

Its the brass screw in the harness trust me i was so confused and asked eric cause i was like that small thing?!

wrong, im using the stock harness, hence im confused, i dont see anything on the alt to turn, matt had said id beable to adjust the voltage, if i cant fine i cant deal with that, id like to be at 15volts cold though

giving any demos?

Who is this directed toward, me or the op?

OP...he lives close to me

where at?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

yea i dont think you have that screw i mentioned above. I have never seen that case alt before. Id give mechman a call if you can. Id hate to mislead you or anything like that.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

yea i dont think you have that screw i mentioned above. I have never seen that case alt before. Id give mechman a call if you can. Id hate to mislead you or anything like that.

its a large case conversion 270amp

hamilton

damn man only a half hour out from me, pm me

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

I'm taking a long shot but when you ordered you had a choice to have AVBM or not and that effects how they make the connection for the harness. Example mine came with AVBM but if I want to hook car harness directly to alt it wont. If I didn't want the AVBM then they would have made the alt to take my car plug.

Like I said though I might be way off and your alt might have it how we don't know location so its best to call mechman in the morning.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

after talking with matt i got this all figured out, they sent me the wrong unit, but seeing as i wanna keep a 12v system, i said fuck it, matt put the diffrence between the two units and put it twoards another D2400 which will complete my batterybank....for now :)

mechman has nothing but quality customer service, id like to thank mechman as a whole and matt as well for being such a big help and clearing some stuff up! thanks!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg