yes you should just look into the adhesives used for it. get brave you can edge light it as well and hit up techforce for a SRT8 logo for the middle of it too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes you should just look into the adhesives used for it. get brave you can edge light it as well and hit up techforce for a SRT8 logo for the middle of it too.

Alright. ill have to see what he wants to do as far as etching/edge lighting goes...this sheet of plexi is going to be $250 picked up locally...so there will be no chance for error. I would think that if i was to try to bond something like a plexi rod to the wood on the bottom...that it would seem easy to tear off the top layer of mdf/birch that i end up using

Hi, this is nice design of placing a woofer system in any truck, I'll follow for my truck.

Thankyou sir!

Came up with a mock up of my method of protection for this sheet of plexiglass. I wanted to do something that wasnt as tacky as just cutting a sheet to fit and dropping it on top of the plexiglass. So i came up with this:

jeepsrt8thinlineswithsubsanddrawer8-16.png

As you can see...ive created 2 guides that the cover panel (which will likely be made of something 3/4 inch) can slide into. That way, it would be up off the plexiglass so that nothing would be touching it at all. I would probably cut the cover panel in 2 peices horizontally and come up with a way for them to mount to the back of the back seats. because if it was one peice, he would have to leave the piece in the garage and if he suddenly had to pick something up, he would have to go back home to get it. see what i mean?? B)

This is what it would look like with the cover on:

jeepsrt8thinlineswithsubsanddrawerandsliders8-16.png

IMAG0909_1313781713538.jpg

:yahoo:

Installed the amp yesterday...and its actually quieter than the kicker was @ 1.5 ohms :( but at least i know that im not clipping anymore!

Oh and we have also decided to get the AQ 4x90 amp to match!

Kicker ZX1000.1 is now up for sale if anyones interested!

No love for the new AQ amp??? :shrug:

well anyways...lets get the old kicker amp sold!

My link

oh also, if you guys have any other good ideas feel free to chime in!

Keep your eyes out for a good deal on 2 used JL 13.5 thinlines. Ill be buying them for my roommates birthday.

These are an interesting Idea for shallow mounts. I know you are lookin for the JLs but thought id mention these Diamond Audio Hex Pro the moved the magnet to the front of the cone. Plus Diamond Audio has always done me good haha.

Interesting build looking forward to the finished product

These are an interesting Idea for shallow mounts. I know you are lookin for the JLs but thought id mention these Diamond Audio Hex Pro the moved the magnet to the front of the cone. Plus Diamond Audio has always done me good haha.

Interesting build looking forward to the finished product

Thanks for the input! and those subs are very interesting looking lol. i never knew that anything like that existed with the magnet on top of the sub lol. The reason i would stick with the jls is because of the fact that the jls mounting depth is 2.5 inches instead of 3.1 inches. im trying to keep everything in as little space/height as possible. and those subs are only capable of 250 watts rms as opposed to 600 rms

Archived