• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice looking build so far I can't wait to see where this goes. SRT8 GCs are awesome looking and sounding trucks. Good luck with the build

Thankyou much!!

Its definitely my favorite suv out...there is nothing else in the price range that could come even close to having the same performance, comfort, luxury, and overall awesomeness lol.

:rofl:

Looking forward to seeing the build... Why JL though?

Being an installer whose had experience with just about all the major brand shallow mount subs, the JL's are excellent, and second place believe it or not would be the Rockfords, then the Pioneers(when you're not popping coils). The big advantage to the JL's in the 13.5" diameter, and its shallower than the other subs in its category, the HUGE downside is price. But with that being said, I think you could have got more output out of 4 Sundown SA8's for what it cost for the other two JL's, I love using the JL's when I'm forced to because of space, but the SA8's would blow your roommates mind on the same power.

i heard one of those SRT8s and it was by far the sexiest sound i have ever heard. the exhaust note is so mean i couldnt believe it came from an suv.

interesting box design. im eager to see how it comes out

oh yeah i completely agree! they sound so badass! even better and louder with the exhaust hes got on it!

I've heard one that had an aftermarket exhaust and it definitely was BAD!!!

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

Its definitely my favorite suv out...there is nothing else in the price range that could come even close to having the same performance, comfort, luxury, and overall awesomeness lol.

Being an installer whose had experience with just about all the major brand shallow mount subs, the JL's are excellent, and second place believe it or not would be the Rockfords, then the Pioneers(when you're not popping coils). The big advantage to the JL's in the 13.5" diameter, and its shallower than the other subs in its category, the HUGE downside is price. But with that being said, I think you could have got more output out of 4 Sundown SA8's for what it cost for the other two JL's, I love using the JL's when I'm forced to because of space, but the SA8's would blow your roommates mind on the same power.

hmmm that is an interesting idea. you really think i could get more output out of 4 of the sa 8s on the AQ2200d?

im just not sure the coolness factor would be there with the 8s

hmmm that is an interesting idea. you really think i could get more output out of 4 of the sa 8s on the AQ2200d?

I'm pretty sure you could get more output with the SA's, but, your concept with the JL's is pretty sick, I like where you're going with it. I did 2 SA8's in my bestfreind's 99 JGC, and it flexes the roof and rear hatch on 500 watts(JL 500/1), 4 would be crazy, and if space is a concern, the enclosure needs to only be 9" tall to cover the diameter of the sub comfortably.

I'm pretty sure you could get more output with the SA's, but, your concept with the JL's is pretty sick, I like where you're going with it. I did 2 SA8's in my bestfreind's 99 JGC, and it flexes the roof and rear hatch on 500 watts(JL 500/1), 4 would be crazy, and if space is a concern, the enclosure needs to only be 9" tall to cover the diameter of the sub comfortably.

alright. ill have to see what he wants to do with it. it would be a shit-ton cheaper if i did the sa-8s.

for 2200rms? d1200 or d5100 would be good

well ive actually got a 4 channel in there as well thats rated at 320 watts rms...so im looking at around 2500. ive found an xs d3400 for 259 shipped and a kinetic hc2400 for 299 shipped. i know everybody swears by xs here but i cant decide if the kinetic is a better battery or not (regardless of the price)

Archived