these are nice this guy at the local track has a 700hp srt jeep its pretty badass

yup! they are tons of fun. i ran this one down the track @12.998 :peepwall:

hmmm thinking about a few different things.

1. possibly thinking about switching from the jls to 4-6 sa-8s or 4 sa-10s. but ive been playing around with sketchup to see what i can come up with that still looks good. This would be for the guarantee that i would get more output then then thinlines.

2. I found someone on here that is selling kinetic hc2400s for 150 each used...so after i find out the resting voltage, i might just pick up 2 of them instead of 1 new one. Since im welding up a custom rack under the truck, it would be easy to just do a rack for 2 :peepwall: . then my voltage would just be awesome! :yahoo:

3. thinking about something stronger, lighter, and thinner than 3/4 mdf for a cover panel on top that would take up less room height wise and be easier to remove and not bow as easily.

Got 35 feet of Shok wire and 10 1/0 ring terminals that will be here tomorrow and if i have enough time off of work, i will get that installed. it should be a ton better than the 4 gauge ive got in there now. im dropping into the high 11s at full tilt with just the 2 subs now.

installed the shok 1/0 gauge wire today even though it was raining pretty much all day. finished the last of the big 3 upgrade by connecting the battery + to alternator +. i also replaced the 4 gauge + wire that runs to the back of the truck and the amp ground. Voltage has increased from 11.6 at full tilt (no clipping) to 12.4 (no clipping) so that is nice to have. next on the agenda is to get a nice big battery or 2 and make a custom battery rack under the truck...and make a custom fiberglass panel for the bass knob and the voltmeter.

• 2 weeks later...

sounds good so far. i like your idea with the sundowns. you can get 6 of them for the price of the 2 new jl's and come up after selling the 2 you already have. i love the srt8's too by the way. id love to hear one with a nice lopey cam... 420 hp from the factory. hell yeaaaahhh. and thats a pretty impressive 1/4 mile time for a near stock suv. good look with the install. its a great idea what your doing with the plexi to protect the subs so he doesnt have to worry about messing anything up.

nice ride man! I'm not a chrysler fan but I really like those SRT-8 jeeps! we got a local running in the 10s down here. your plans look great!

• 4 weeks later...

WAS IT HAED TO TAKE OUT THE PLASTIC FLOOR I HAVE A 2005 GRAND CHEROKEE AND I WAS THINKING OFF TAKING OUT THE PLASTIC FLOOR AND PUT A 3/4 MDF AND PUT MY BOX ON TOP SINCE ITS ANGLED CAN REALLY FEEL THE BASS CAUSE OF THE LITTLE RAMP THE JEEP HAS LOL SINCE FLAT WOULD BE BETTER

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP