So... This is not my truck but it is going to be my build in my roommate/best friends truck.

Vehicle is a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Srt8.

420 hp/420 tq.

Jeep motor is stock except for cold air intake and custom exhaust.

This is what the truck looks like as of now:

34079_131368383552865_100000391113877_233543_2352411_n.jpg

Its definitely my favorite suv out...there is nothing else in the price range that could come even close to having the same performance, comfort, luxury, and overall awesomeness lol.

The goals of this build are as follows:

1. The system needs to have great sound quality

2. The system needs to be loud enough to satisfy my roommate lol

3. The system needs to be able to play anything from smooth jazz to dubstep very well

4. The system needs to look fantastic and very clean with no wires showing

5. My roommate is a kitchen cabinet sales rep and sometimes has to carry around a bunch of cabinet samples. He also flies a lot for business so he also carries around a ton of luggage. So basically, he needs to be able to put anything on top of the system without harming anything.

6. oh, and when i finish it, i would like to be able to enter and possibly win SOTM!

The equipment list for now is as follows:

Stock Battery up front

Stock Alternator

All 1/0 gauge wiring

2nd battery will be a new XS Power D5100 (unless anyone has any better suggestions for ~ 2800 watts rms) and it will be located in a custom battery tray under the truck.

4 JL Audio 13.5" TW5 thinline subs 3 ohm svc (ive got 2 of the 4 subs)

1 AQ 2200D amplifier @0.75 ohm(just ordered)

1 AQ 4x90 amplifier for the mids and highs

1 set of JL Audio XR 6.5" components in the front (already installed)

1 set of MB Quart 6.5" coaxial for the rear doors (already installed)

Stinger Rcas

This will be a slower build so bear with me.

This is stock:jeepstock.png

This is what the system looks like now:

24799_335482821228_646651228_3584137_2948131_n.jpg

It sounds nice but the problem is that the kicker amp is only stable at 2 ohms and the subs are svc 3 ohms and the amp doesnt like to play very long without getting hot and going into protect...so i have it wired at 6 ohms and that isnt giving me much power. Also he cant put anything on top of the subs without hurting it...the plan was to buy grilles but he didnt like the overall idea.

Anyways, i have been on this forum for quite some time now and have learned tons from you guys and i really appreciate it! But i wanted to to something different from what ive ever seen before...and i have looked through 100s of builds on here lol.

So let me try to explain along with some pictures what i'm going to be doing with the new build:

294903_10150257999811229_646651228_7607132_739697_n.jpg

jeepsrt8thinlineswithsubs8-13.png

Basically, its going to be a downfiring box with the subs "inverted" if you will. there will be a sheet of 3/4 inch plexiglass on the top and the subs will be barely stilted off the ground.

The 4 metal looking things in the middle are the best renderings of allthread i could come up with in sketchup lol. But all 4 of them will be through the bottom of the jeep, bottom of the box, and through the plexiglass with nuts, and lock washers on both sides of each. There are 4 more peices of all thread that will be going through the bottom of the box and bottom of the jeep.

Well thats it for now...if you have read this far i appreciate it! More pictures and videos to come soon. My roommate will be taking pictures of everything with his cannon eos 40d camera (or at least thats what i think it is) so that way you guys will have some nice hi-res pictures to look at!

STAY TUNED FOR MORE!

Brandon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks cool, can't wait to see the finished product

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

i heard one of those SRT8s and it was by far the sexiest sound i have ever heard. the exhaust note is so mean i couldnt believe it came from an suv.

interesting box design. im eager to see how it comes out

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

If I may make a suggestion what about making the box a 4th order? You can have the sealed on bottom have the sub facing up (or inverted doesnt really matter) and make the protective cover the ported volume so you have more output, still have your safety, and you will still have a lot of cargo space. But still should be a sexy as build no matter how you go about it.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

If I may make a suggestion what about making the box a 4th order? You can have the sealed on bottom have the sub facing up (or inverted doesnt really matter) and make the protective cover the ported volume so you have more output, still have your safety, and you will still have a lot of cargo space. But still should be a sexy as build no matter how you go about it.

I always welcome suggestions but half the purpose of this build is to take up little to no room at all. wouldnt bandpass take up more airspace? oh and JLs site does not recommend even ported boxes for these subs...so i wouldnt even know where to start with a bandpass lol. But keep in mind the entire box space is 3.2 cubic foot. and it will actually be built into the spare tire well, only taking up about 3.5 inches of the bottom of the truck. the amps on the sides are going to be in basically unusable space.

Thanks though!

i heard one of those SRT8s and it was by far the sexiest sound i have ever heard. the exhaust note is so mean i couldnt believe it came from an suv.

interesting box design. im eager to see how it comes out

oh yeah i completely agree! they sound so badass! even better and louder with the exhaust hes got on it!

I always welcome suggestions but half the purpose of this build is to take up little to no room at all. wouldnt bandpass take up more airspace? oh and JLs site does not recommend even ported boxes for these subs...so i wouldnt even know where to start with a bandpass lol. But keep in mind the entire box space is 3.2 cubic foot. and it will actually be built into the spare tire well, only taking up about 3.5 inches of the bottom of the truck. the amps on the sides are going to be in basically unusable space.

Thanks though!

O well in that case nvm lol and ya bandpass does take up more room anyway. you guys gonna do any deadening in it? with that down firing i would think you would need some? Idk ill just shush it and watch lol

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Thanks though!

O well in that case nvm lol and ya bandpass does take up more room anyway. you guys gonna do any deadening in it? with that down firing i would think you would need some? Idk ill just shush it and watch lol

We will probably just deaden the floor under the subs. id also like to get some deadener on the front doors for better midbass response. He wants to do that after the fact if its necessary. Only time will tell i guess. I wish i could start working on it now but i told him id get him the other 2 subs for his birthday which is in the beginning of november... but ill probably just buy them before that if i can find a good deal on them considering they retail for $559 each and the lowest i can find them for on ebay is like $740 for a pair.

Its definitely my favorite suv out...there is nothing else in the price range that could come even close to having the same performance, comfort, luxury, and overall awesomeness lol.

:rofl:

Looking forward to seeing the build... Why JL though?

Well, i already have 2 of them...and i dont know of any better thinlines? do you?

Archived