Sonic Electronix

warm subs and not enuff beat

Anyone know anyone knowledgeable in omaha nebraska? Lol who'd be willin 2 help me out?

I think you just need a few beers, and a wiring diagram.

I'm not trying to be rude, but with a decent diagram and a few minutes of patience this may get figured out.

Why were you attempting to setup strapped amps if you dont have a basic idea of wiring the subs?

You may very well have messed up the amps, but I hope its just a wiring issue. I would simply take all the subs out, and take a deep breath. Test each voice coil with a 9V battery, make sure each responds...

Then wire them up properly. If you get confused, wire them on the counter top, then put them in the box one by one... it might be easier.

Also, once wired up, test the subs on a SINGLE 1200d, making sure it works properly. Then test the other, making sure it works.

THEN try strapping...

You need to eliminate options. You could try forever but without elimination, you are only potentially creating more issues.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2mrw I'm gonna wire 1 sub 2 1 amp at atime then with other amp. And go from there.. eff iit whatevers blown will just get replace. Expensive mistake and lesson learned I guess is worst case scenario

I do really appreciate everyones input.

I really was just trying to help. If you eliminate the possibilities one by one, it becomes and easier puzzle to solve.

As with most things there isn't a easy one line answer.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I do really appreciate everyones input.

I really was just trying to help. If you eliminate the possibilities one by one, it becomes and easier puzzle to solve.

As with most things there isn't a easy one line answer.

yeah i know bro an dim grateful for everyones input. todays a new day and im acutally about to go out ther and unhook my subs do the 9v test, then unhook my slave and try each sub on 1 amp then again on the other..

we'll did the 9v test everything checked out ok, so unstrapped amps, ran 2 subs 2 1 amp seemed 2 work ok. So tryed other 2 and still have sum nosie coming from the 2nd amp.. so thinkin 2nd amp is damaged.. gona swap subs and amps to verify... so looking like ill be gettin new amp

Hold the phone (wrote this up at like 7:30am and forgot to hit submit)... I was totaly cracked out on coffee so I might have gone a little overboard or missed something you said... :drink40:

In one of these posts I thought I saw you say something about subs hooked up to the negative on the slave... Look at the manual again.

I'm almost sure AQ amps strap like most do... Run the master/slave cable (strap cable), set the switch to master on the master and slave on the slave, hook amps together from negative speaker output to negative speaker output, and they are now strapped (double check the manual - think this is it, but it's hard to tell what is what so check your manual). At this point you should have NOTHING in POSITIVE MASTER or POSITIVE SLAVE. POSITIVE SLAVE now acts as the NEGATIVE.

Check your load with a DMM you should see 2 ohms (or close) then... CHECK YOUR MANUAL FIRST!!!

You then take positive sub and hook it to POSITIVE master speaker output.

You then take negative sub and hook it to POSITIVE slave speaker output.

Now as far as wiring the subs go... trash what you have... I will call them 1-4 with "a" meaning coil 1 and "b" meaning coil 2. Testing is not optional if you don't test at each step you're wasting your time. Also in your pictures I don't see any jumpers... You need lots...

Jump 1a+ to 1b+

Jump 1a- to 1b-

2ohm - test it

Jump 2a+ to 2b+

Jump 2a- to 2b-

2ohm - test it

Jump 3a+ to 3b+

Jump 3a- to 3b-

2ohm - test it

Jump 4a+ to 4b+

Jump 4a- to 4b-

2ohm - test it

Now from here on out view the two + and two - for each sub as one input each (doesn't matter which one you hook into as far as 1a+ or 2a+ just view them as one positive - same with negative). I will refer to them as just 1-4 now since the individual coals are taken care of. This leaves you with 4+ and 4- with each sub wired to 2 ohms. With me?

1+ to 2+

1- to 2-

1ohm - test it

3+ to 4+

3- to 4-

1ohm - test it

You are now left with 2+ and 2- wired to 1ohm each (again like before just view them as 2 subs now). With me?

Jump 1/2+ to 3/4-

Wire 1/2- to SLAVE POSITIVE

Wire 3/4+ to MASTER POSITIVE

Boom 2ohms strapped your bangin.

12v, Rockford, and others will tell you to wire them differently, but that's up to you. You can run into phase issues doing it their way, but again others here might think differently.

image1.jpg

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Naw I didn't have subs hooked to negative on either amp. My neg leads came off post. Leads from slave and post. Leads from post. On master. I'm gona try using my slave amp alone on 2 subs then other 2 and see if ouptu is same as the master.

Naw I didn't have subs hooked to negative on either amp. My neg leads came off post. Leads from slave and post. Leads from post. On master. I'm gona try using my slave amp alone on 2 subs then other 2 and see if ouptu is same as the master.

Good luck, just be sure not to use the subs how you have them wired up because they don't look right.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived