Sonic Electronix

spending $10,000 on a system

I think with 4 subs good powerd an electrical backed + Frontstage you can go with your 10 G, if you go 6 subs you start to spare on the wrong end.

If its no reason to spend 3-5 G more than go with your idea of 6 subs.

12 k RMS are arround 1000 amps 2 350 amp alts are 1200 + bracket or 3 270 amps are 1500 + bracket.

i know a guy running 2 saz4500s. he clamped around 8.7k rms at 18v. hes running 1 300 amp iraggi and 12 xspower 1600s.. he doesnt drop below 16v at full tilt. i have a feeling i should be safe with 2 270 amp alts that do 220 at idle.

Did you notice how many batteries you said he had??

How much do you plan on getting?

And you asked for help, but when someone suggests something you just go back to your original plan.

yeah 12 batts is alot, im most likely going with 8, at 250 each thatd be 2 grand, plus i already have xs d3400. so id have a total of 9. and im sorry if i keep going back to my original idea. i just really do not want to run 4 subs. i want to do as many as i can to get as loud as possible.

Running as many as you CAN is good, running as many as you WANT isn't so good. Take is from me, I wanted the biggest subs I can get and now I'm having to buy a new vehicle because I don't have enough space to give them a box they need and that's costing me good numbers.

Uhhhh. Amps dont create imp rise.

This thread is retarded.

Electrical alone for 12k rms...

Alt set up 1600

Batts. 1400

Wire. 600

And 155+ db isnt something you can just buy.

Please don't insult us that work for our 55+.

Thanks

amp rise / box rise. i don't care its the same to me. either way with any kind of rise your not getting the most out of your amps.

and if its retarted then stay off my post. simple as that. i'm spending 10k on a system and i wanna hear some input. and 155+ db is something you can buy obviously? just takes some hard work and good planning..

Imp rise. And yes that causes you to get less out of your amps BUT most good amps Put out more power than they are rated for. So sometime you end up with just about what they're rated for, maybe more sometimes.

And 155+ isn't something you can buy. You can have all the equipment you want but that's not guaranteeing you a 155+.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I'd do 4 dc xls on a dc 12k. Beyma components a couple of Rockford 4 channels 3 mechman alts. 8 xs batteries and a football field of 0 gauge lol. Priced it all the other day its just under 10. O yeah a moto zoom in the dash.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

This thread is retarded.

Alt set up 1600

Batts. 1400

Wire. 600

Thanks

amp rise / box rise. i don't care its the same to me. either way with any kind of rise your not getting the most out of your amps.

and if its retarted then stay off my post. simple as that. i'm spending 10k on a system and i wanna hear some input. and 155+ db is something you can buy obviously? just takes some hard work and good planning..

lol

:popcorn:

In b4 ban lol?

Doubt it.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

do your thing bro. i would start with electrical, keeping in mind your long term goals at this point will save you some headaches later. if you plan on say running 6k now and 12k at some near future point, go ahead and plan electrical for the 12k. as a rough estimate i calculated about 5k electrical, 4 alts(2000) 8 batts(2000) and wire/bussbars(1000). that being said, you dont have to start off with 4 alts, you could just get the bracketry for it and only run 2 for now, until you upgrade your power later and need it and that would save the initial cost of the extra 2 alts(1000). with that being said, to keep this under 10k is going to be a challenge, but may be possible with good long term goals and planning. also, as a last note, buying all the subs you want initially will save you from building/rebuilding enclosures in the end, which can add up a lot of material cost and time, even if you run them at lower power early on.

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

You said... " i heard those cresendo's have bad imp rise".

And just look around the forum at all the huge builds that have 2-3x the money your gonna spend, and are barely touching mid 50's

I have no clue who you are, hell you might have done a 53 with your last setup. (doubt it)

But to just assume you will get a 55 from spending 10k is stupid

Ps. Why not spend less and get more?

Far to many builds just get tons of equipment thrown and them and hope for the best.

And most fail

I hope you fail and do a 51 just because of your smartass mouth.

Maybe you should look at who is giving you advice bro. Ask yourself, have they done 55's??

This thread is retarded.

Alt set up 1600

Batts. 1400

Wire. 600

Thanks

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I read earlier where you said a guy is running 10 XS d1600s and only dropping to 16v. I don't think you realize that the 16v batteries charge at like 19.8 or something like that, so he has almost 4v of drop.

I am putting probably half of what you are planning on spending into my build this fall with the same expectations of numbers. It's not all about the equipment that you buy but more about the overall quality of the install.

2-3 alts + bracket d3400 under your hood and 5 d3100's 3 18's in wall on dc 12k lots of 1/0 or 2/0 wire. sound deaden the truck and reinforce the roof. You always see 2 and 4 woofer builds but not as many 3 woofer builds so thats why i said 3. You wont have much money for mids/highs

Archived