Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fmxperson

Planet Audio AP3000d amp any good?

21 posts in this topic

anyone had any luck with a Planet Audio AP3000d? the price is very appealing at $189.99 but i know the car audio scene well enough to be kind of weary about if the output is truly 2400watts rms..

Planet Audio and AP are 2 different brands.

Planet Audio and AP are 2 different brands.

He's referring to the Planet Audio Apocalypse series. I haven't used Planet Audio in years, but from what I've heard the Big Bang series is the only one that does close to rated.

if ya go with planet audio get the big bang series. the other series are junk. for real 2400 watts for 190 bux?

if ya go with planet audio get the big bang series. the other series are junk. for real 2400 watts for 190 bux?

hahah yeah... thats what i was thinking.

Well I've seen them around too. My thinking is that maybe I can strap 2 of them on 1 SMD 18. That should be close to SMD rms ratings.

the ap series from planet sound good and every thing but they don't do no 2400 watts the bigbang series does but the lower lines are over inflated but if your going to strap two you will probably get enough power to move that sub

The Big Bang 2400 will do close to rated power but the other lines are complete crap. If you are interested I do have a brand new big bang 2400 for sale fro $275 plus shipping.

The Big Bang 2400 will do close to rated power but the other lines are complete crap. If you are interested I do have a brand new big bang 2400 for sale fro $275 plus shipping.

well... id take you up on that offer but i think im probably gonna buy my friend's sundown 3000

if i keep my voltage at 14.8 i get a sneeze over 2400 out of mine lol

Big bang series is the way to go,

If ur REALLY looking to just stick with P.A

but IMO,try searching some more don't get trapped on low prices,there low for a reason,you WILL get what u paid for ;)

Believe me,I learned my lesson