• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I got my 6.5s from the UPS man today and got them installed. Install was pretty smooth. Speakers are pretty crisp and clear. These pictures will also show you the install Trent and I did with the Second Skin Alpha Damp. The deck lid still needs to be done, but I am trying the give the foam in the deck lid some time to cure before I completely cover the holes.

Few from the Alpha install

photobucket-6594-1319217484727.jpg

photobucket-6633-1319217485202.jpg

photobucket-6623-1319217482819.jpg

Speaker Install

DSC_0853.jpg

DSC_0854.jpg

DSC_0855.jpg

DSC_0856.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0864.jpg

DSC_0863.jpg

I have also decided to change to a fourth order box rather than a standard slot port. I spoke with Jacob and he said he had tested the SA-8s in a fourth order and they performed quite well. I really like my box currently, but I wish it had a little bit more bandwidth and with the fourth order it should help out.

• 4 weeks later...

Plan is to redo the box into a fourth order and then next year I'm planning on adding two more 8s if all goes well.

so... when we gonna do this? wire your winter car up and we can put it in there till the cars done :)

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

Plan is to redo the box into a fourth order and then next year I'm planning on adding two more 8s if all goes well.

so... when we gonna do this? wire your winter car up and we can put it in there till the cars done :)

You have no idea how much of a PITA it is to put an aftermarket radio in my winter beater. I started to and said fuck it when I figured out what had to be done.

Archived