Sonic Electronix

Why so much dislike for Kicker?

Better amp overall. More conventional guts which lead to better use of the 10k watts they're putting out.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally can't stand the way the subs sound. All the kicker subs I have owned sounded like shit. I never had a quality problems out of them (never had a kicker sub go bad on me) I just can't the way they sound.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I think kicker is awesome for entry level.

Hard to beat the cvr at that cheap price.

For the rest of the line of subs. Well, their coils are nowhere near a dc/ascendant/dd/fi coil.

Most of us all run a couple different manus of subs because the baskets they use let us recone our subs when needed.

The amps are ok. I would run them.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I like kicker's economy line ad currently only run to L5's because I got them in a good trade. If you get them retail you prolly getting ripped. Course I started using kicker when it wasn't common outside of audio shops. :shrug: its like ny other mainsteam brand and people just seem to not like mainstream

my first kicker subs were 2 C15a from about 1996. They got loud as shit, but sounded like shit too. Bought em both brand new for $300 and I think they could take 250 watts each. I ran a RF Punch 200 (or 250 that was a long time ago and I can't remember really) and I have been a RF fan since and not a kicker fan since :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

It's got more to do with the people who run kicker then the actual brand itself.

The people who tend to run kicker and run their mouth talk like their shit is the best on the planet when it's mediocre at best.

Not to mention overpriced for what you're getting. (with the exception of the warhorse if you buy it from the right place. 10kwatts for under $2k isn't bad.)

Wow you hit the nail on the head right there lol. I think the same way.

I love Kicker amps, but I'm not a fan of their woofers. They can get loud, but I honestly find the sound quality lacking. Of course, it's more box dependent than anything, but after hearing and testing multiple setups, I haven't heard a Kicker woofer that I've liked... Need to hear 4x4s though lol.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

It's got more to do with the people who run kicker then the actual brand itself.

The people who tend to run kicker and run their mouth talk like their shit is the best on the planet when it's mediocre at best.

Not to mention overpriced for what you're getting. (with the exception of the warhorse if you buy it from the right place. 10kwatts for under $2k isn't bad.)

not too worth it.

DC 9k is under $2k also. Much better amp.

how is the dc 9k better then the warhorse?

dont turn this into a verses thread now

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

this. and id rather get more bang for my buck. ive ran l5s and l7s before and have heard the Xs and i wasnt at all impressed with them

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I think kicker is awesome for entry level.

Hard to beat the cvr at that cheap price.

For the rest of the line of subs. Well, their coils are nowhere near a dc/ascendant/dd/fi coil.

Most of us all run a couple different manus of subs because the baskets they use let us recone our subs when needed.

The amps are ok. I would run them.

I know was very attempted to buy this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9347_2-Pack-of-Kicker-CVR124-07CVR124.html

VERY CHEAP FOR THE MONEY AND NICE SUBS

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Archived