Sonic Electronix

Why so much dislike for Kicker?

I see far more DC subs are the bestest EVAR than anything kicker.

kicker hasnt done anything innovative in years that has performed. The warhorse while great in theory just does not yield the results it should. Thats probably why they stopped making it.

kicker used to rock same as RF. but they both quit trying to be innovative and stay at the head of the class. They both have good amps but the woofer industry has passed them by big time.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think kicker is awesome for entry level.

Hard to beat the cvr at that cheap price.

For the rest of the line of subs. Well, their coils are nowhere near a dc/ascendant/dd/fi coil.

Most of us all run a couple different manus of subs because the baskets they use let us recone our subs when needed.

The amps are ok. I would run them.

This /thread

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

kicker hasnt done anything innovative in years that has performed. The warhorse while great in theory just does not yield the results it should. Thats probably why they stopped making it.

kicker used to rock same as RF. but they both quit trying to be innovative and stay at the head of the class. They both have good amps but the woofer industry has passed them by big time.

True about DC.. Although i LOVE DC. I cant say are the best.. love Fi and AA as well as DD

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

:werd_msword:

Well said.

Oh and DC ftmfw. Clearly better than DD.

:peepwall::popcorn::ehh:

J/K N8. :orly3:

I have seen some positives on here bro... plus i got 3 kicker amps that are great. zx650.4 2x-zx1000.1

I read more negative than positive on this site.

By negative I do not mean "They aren't as good as xxxx" or "They are good , but xxxx would be a better deal."

I mean, "They suck ass!" "They are shit!"

True about DC.. Although i LOVE DC. I cant say are the best.. love Fi and AA as well as DD

Have you owned all hose brands before and done builds with them?

:)

Honestly, its price + mainstream. For the price theres better. And IMO, for the price, a LOT of stuff sounds better. As previously said, I think most of them sound like shit. The soloX gets loud sure, but just sounds like yuck. I wasnt too impressed. :shrug:

I have seen some positives on here bro... plus i got 3 kicker amps that are great. zx650.4 2x-zx1000.1

I read more negative than positive on this site.

By negative I do not mean "They aren't as good as xxxx" or "They are good , but xxxx would be a better deal."

I mean, "They suck ass!" "They are shit!"

Have you owned all hose brands before and done builds with them?

:)

I have owned DC and Fi. NOT dd... And FI and AA are almost the samething. Both owned by scott (dontknowlastname)

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Personally I have built boxes for CVX's, CVR's, L5's, and L7's. Sure they hit but they never got the numbers I had gotton from the same power on different subs (DD, Sundown, American Bass). I can't speak for the SoloX's, but I have heard some good things about them. As far as their amps go I like them, but price/power ratio is up there. So IMO they are a little overpriced. I would also have to agree with what Sanitarium said, most people that I have seen run Kicker think its the best, when thats all they ever heard. I think if you can get a good price on it, then sure run um.

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

Kicker makes wonderful Hyperflex wire, its one of my favorites, the amps are good too. Kicker gets most of its bad comments because of people. certain people ruin it for others. I've seen all kinds of people have 2 kicker cvrs and think its the loudest in the world, but thats with any brand speaker.. this is just my opinion but there are people that give bad names to alpine, memphis audio, pioneer, and others also.

im a fan of kicker! i just dont like how kicker is praised as the worlds greatest.

alma gates' bronco is what got me into car audio in the first place :clapping:

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Archived