Second Skin Audio

whats wrong with jl audio

cardy

uhmmm how about the surrounds dry rot in a very short time on all their subs and you can't buy a new one for a w7.

you can send in to Jl for recone.

But it shouldn't need a full recone for the surround going bad prematurely. And their recones cost as much as new whole subwoofers

honestly as far as the performance to price ratio is concerned i just never saw the worth. that and 99% of JL users are bigger douches than kicker and DC( peepwall.gif) nuthuggers. all because they heard lil wyte mention it 57 million times

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

as said above, they are very pricey for what they are. not bad equipment by any means, but there arent many products designed to cater to other than sq in their lineup. of course they can get loud, just not usually designed for the spl choice, and the watts per dollar ratio isnt great on their amps. even dealer cost on their products is pretty pricey compared to many brands that can compete in spec etc. still though, nothing wrong with them.

The amps are made in China and you pay premium prices. You can get a Soundspliter RL-p, or a IA Flatlyne, IDMAX for half the price and sound just as good and get louder. Most people that use JL are newbs and dont use sound deadner anyway. The componets are bland and hollow but still cost a ton, when you can get a nice set of Focal, Hertz, Morel, or Rainbow speakers.

How JL fanboys always throw the SQ thing into the mix when they finally find out their shit is not as loud as they thought it was. How if it didnt come from a JL dealer it sucks.

Archived