Second Skin Audio

whats wrong with jl audio

cardy

Hehe cause at a show JL guys were claiming they did 155's and they meter around 135 :P Claimed he had a state record as well. True story but yeah everyone will tell you, there is eq out there half the price that performs just as well. And don't be a JL jerk!

JL is very good, just price-wise it costs too much for people.

SQ on most high end JL is great, like the W6 and their amps.

People just don't like to pay too much and since most of them don't search for amazing SQ, they don't need JL, because they aren't made to get loud.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I personally love JL Audio, they make very good products but then again the price is just a killer for some people. I personally have a JL Audio 12" W7 and I absolutely love it. It's the best I'VE heard in person. But then again, you don't have to buy JL products from there website, you can find much cheaper JL products online and such. For me its about how the product looks, like the design and all that. JL delivers a great design of products and thats why I like them so much.

Proud owner of a 1982 Mercedes 300D TurboDiesel

Xbox GT - SMD Basshead

Ounhjip.png

Just read the Kicker thread, it's basically the same thing just read JL every time someone says Kicker.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I personally own 4 JL w7's. I have had one pair of them for over a year now and have never had any dry rot issues. I just bought 2 more as my build is getting moved into the rear seats of my car. The subs are absolutly amazing to ME. I have heard my fair share of different speakers and i still stand by my speakers. The price, yes, is alittle on the steep side but thats the price you pay for sound quality. I dont have JL amps as i dont see the point in buying there amps as i can find a cheaper alternative. Sounds messed up as i buy JL subs but not amps. That because i like my JL subs. It all comes down to personal preference really. I have had my fair share of subs and amps in the past years and i still find myself at times amazed at how loud my jls can get and how clean and clear they are.

I like the components and co axial...hate paying for em tho ...I get 12w3v3s bib for 125 and its to much! I get the xd 400/4 for 210$....thatss not bad but if u can't get stuff at that price fuck that!!

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

• 2 months later...

Just read the Kicker thread, it's basically the same thing just read JL every time someone says Kicker.

This. It's the same over priced, over rated shit that noobs scream can break 190's in a cvx on 500 watts and bust their glass etc etc.

This. It's the same over priced, over rated shit that noobs scream can break 190's in a cvx on 500 watts and bust their glass etc etc.

:rofl: this had me rolling!

but in all seriousness, i've owned JL before, they sound nice, but they're definitely NOT worth the price.

i'd like to see somebody that's owned a pair of FI Q's chime in here. i hear they're the W7 killer. 8)

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Archived