XS Power

But when I come to a stop too? I don't understand. I wish it would stop. Especially since I'm adding extra draw. I don't think an XS 3400 and the Big 3 will stop the dropping. I just don't understand what the probably could be

When you're stopped you have low rpms then the motor isn't turning as fast. Which means the alt isn't at full output.

How do I fix it though? I hate when she does it. It scares the hell out of me.

1999 Pontiac Bonneville SLE. 200K on the dash. Yvonne...or Vonny for short

You either need to keep it revved up, or get a h/o alt that put out more powa at idle. That's all I can think of. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

• 4 weeks later...

might be your guage, the needle in my blazer fluctuates (sp?) and thats with the big 3 a 270xp dc alt and no accesories as of right now. and i pulled it straight out of my silverado and it always sat at 14.8 in my silverado

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

Do the big 3 next. I've been having problems with my electrical recently when I added a Kinetik HC2400 and have found my alt will sit at 14.4V when started cold and the battery posts only show 13.3V ish. I added a engine block ground on the front of the block and it sits up at 13.8V. Moving the ground today to one of the alternator mount bolts and replacing my old body ground to a shock tower to see if that helps. I'm running a '98 Malibu btw.

EDIT: Here's a link with pictures if your at all confused about big 3 locations.

Edited by Lbox88