Help my little sister is depressed.

I know a lot of people in here have younger kids so maybe they can help out with this.

My little sister is 5 and started kindergarten this week. A note was sent home yesterday from the teacher saying that she was crying throughout the day and if we could send in a picture to maybe cheer her up. We asked her about it and she said she missed my mom and was sad (kind of typical for younger kids, no big deal).

Today the school nurse called and said she got so upset she threw up. As it turns out, she's also sad that she has to sit at a separate table during lunch (she has SEVERE allergies) and also she said some kids are making fun of her on the bus. I will have to talk with the bus driver.

Now this isnt like a rough school at all, but I'm pissed that kids would make fun of her. Makes me wanna go punch some little kids. She does have one friend that she knows in a different kindergarten class. i am going to ask the school if she can sit with her during lunch.

anyone else have to deal with their kids being sad in school?

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Yes, unfortunately it is a sad part of today's society. My son is 13, and recently hit a growing spurt. But a few years ago, he was the little guy, and when he started a new school he HATED it. He was sad everyday. I would spend the rest of the day sometimes just trying to pick him up a little. Didn't get better till I switched him back. But some of the shit these kids were making fun of him for I COULD NOT BELIEVE!!! Some kids are really cruel and heartless, they will do or say anything to be the center of attention.

But I am sorry to hear of your problems. I wish there was something I could tell you, but I'd say you already know as much as I do.

The good part is she is young, so there is plenty of time for her to make friends, in which case she will like school a whole lot more!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

finkster...

does your sister have a favorite toy??

let her take the toy with her...it helps...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

sadly thats just a part of being a kid. everyone gets made fun of, some get it a lot worse than others. "mommy" coming out to raise hell over it would probably make the teasing worse but a big brother would probably help. but she has to learn to fight her own battles and not just be a helpless victim.

i was the little guy in elementary school and i had bullies, but its all about your attitude. if you can teach her to be comfortable with herself and accept her downfalls (allergies, etc.) then she will be able to joke about those downfalls herself in a way that isnt harmful. now she isnt the victim of the teasing but, almost, taking part in it. its like when a fat guy makes a bunch of fat jokes. its funny. and now she is part of the group instead of just being its punching bag.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

sadly thats just a part of being a kid. everyone gets made fun of, some get it a lot worse than others. "mommy" coming out to raise hell over it would probably make the teasing worse but a big brother would probably help.

i was the little guy in elementary school and i had bullies, but its all about your attitude. if you can teach her to be comfortable with herself and accept her downfalls (allergies, etc.) then she will be able to joke about those downfalls herself in a way that isnt harmful. now she isnt the victim of the teasing but, almost, taking part in it. its like when a fat guy makes a bunch of fat jokes. its funny.

Racist against fats I see. =@:rofl:

Kids can be cruel. Its the truth sadly. Everyone gets picked on at some point in school, its just the point you stand on. Get on the bus and raise hell with the bus driver about your sister getting picked on on the bus and it will stop, bus driver will make sure of that. Had a buddy who apparently got picked on on the bus and he couldnt hit back because he was already in trouble. Next day his dad got on the bus and told the driver if his son gets picked on one more time he'd pull his fat ass off the bus and beat the fuck out of him...kid never had a problem on the bus again. :lol:

I thought about stopping by during class and playing with her a little. Maybe if the kids saw me being her best friend (me being the super cool guy that I am :rofl: ) they will talk to her more. She gets off the bus in an hour.

She has an older sister on the bus so im also going to bitch her out for not sitting with her or standing up for her. My older sister stood up for me when i was little so she can do the same thing.

She also has bad eczema so maybe the kids are teasing her about that. she's been bashful about it lately. We'll see how things go. Almost makes me want to become a teacher or school counselor. I'd put an end to bullying even if it got me fired :D

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Im still in highschool... Its just attention whores... Personally... FUCK THEM ALL.... Personally i would have a talk with each individual kid that you found in school... Shit hits the fan when big brother is around. They shut the hell up

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

My son is upset and cried the whole first day of pr-k and the next. It will get better but I know one of my sons classmates patents so we are going to set up a play date. That way he will have more friends etc. The funny thing is my kid is about 10" taller then any kid in his class lol his doctor said he's going to be atleast 6'5.

I got teased last year of elementary when I switched schools(was only there for the last 2 months) first day of middle school the kid started his shit again so I beat his ass, never had another problem. I got suspended but it was worth it Haha. Nowadays that probably wouldn't pan out the same way as it did then probably alot more than a suspension Haha. Maybe go there a couple days for lunch with her.

Edited by LoudNLow931

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Honestly, this is what happens when we don't prepare our kids for that she'll shock that is the real world.

Baby your kids, give them all their hearts desire, hide the rough parts from them, and they will have a real hard time dealing with what comes next.

My son is now six, and I have never hidden a thing from him. I curse in front of him, I don't change the channel when someone's getting beat down, I don't sugar coat, and I don't give second chances.

everyone is amazed at how good of a kid he is, and how well he takes meeting new people and having new challenges.

my boy will be ready for what comes next.