Second Skin Audio

Ascendant Audio or Fi Audio

AA or Fi  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Better sub for techno

Guys I am more confused than Wilde Coyote right now about which subwoofer I should go with. I like Fi Audio X because of the price but not sure if I should jump on that or the Ascendant Audio line up. Please let me explain the whole dilemma about this.

I have an Arc Audio KS 500.1 Mini that does the following

310 x 1 @ 4 ohms

500 x 1 @ 2 ohms

Now I am limited on space in the trunk because I can only go up to 1.25 - 1.5 cu ft on the enclosure and still have room in my trunk which is a 2006 Kia Spectra SX sedan. Now I am not sure what size subwoofer but I am leaning towards a 10 because i love my techno but willing to go to a 12. I am looking for a subwoofer that is good with that music but was hoping you guys would help me on the size, type of enclosure and whether I should go Fi or AA and which model to.

If it helps I am running my Morel Dotech Ovation 6 two way component sets by an Arc Audio KS 300.2 amp that does 180 x 2 @ 4 ohms.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Also, to clear up your post about loving techno, an 18 can play it just as well. Don't believe the under-educated that will say "Oh you have 18s? They couldn't keep up with double bass like my 10s do"

Larger subs will still perform great, with the right soft parts they can be better.

t3 audio :-)

That's not on his poll,

Don't hijack his thread with nonsense dude

OP

I would go with 10s or shallow 12s with those specs and both companies are great,I run aa

I love their series they have for all type of occasions,

U wont go wrong whichever company u decide to go with at the end,

Gdluck bro

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK

Most of the shops here told me to go with a pair of 10s where the one shop told me I should be fine with a single 12 ported. The shops that told me to do the pair of tens told me that I should go sealed but then two weeks later he told me to go ported. The shop that told me to go a single 12 ported is more trust worthy but the guy who works there I know him and he asked me if I wanted something to sound good or something to wake up the neighborhood.

Personally I just want something to sound good with my Morels and that is reliable and fits in my trunk and still have room for my school bag as well as other stuff to. The other stuff would be when my friend throws her female stuff in my trunk and that is why I mentioned 1.5 cu ft and no bigger.

Also, to clear up your post about loving techno, an 18 can play it just as well. Don't believe the under-educated that will say "Oh you have 18s? They couldn't keep up with double bass like my 10s do"

Larger subs will still perform great, with the right soft parts they can be better.

you can do ported and still sound good. Its such a complete myth that ported doesnt sound good.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.