Sundown Audio

I like these changed out from L7s better all around, says on specs the fs changes when played a while & the TS specs are on only 5 minutes break in, would lower fs mean they sound lower as they loosen up? Any ideas on port opening see a lot of openings around 50 for each 15 or more, wondered if that is how they get the extra air flow in the cabs by larger opening and longer port. I for now have them in their own 3.6 box. I was not sure how accurate winISD is, but the tuning is 33.5 if this software is accurate, I’ve done my own install, but have not built a ported box yet. Been working on and off on car stereos since 71 first old Craig power play 8 track. I mostly used sealed boxes until now guess they seem to handle sub changes better or a least that was my opinion at that time.

While using this software it does not show a lot of change on lower end at lower tuning which is why I questioned its accuracy, but it does show the peak of subs dropped compared to higher 35 Hz tuning. I have a limited budget so I modified box we had to fit these subs. Why tuning is what it is there very solid US Commercial MDF3/4, well builder had a little bit longer port then it was suppose to be but with change of subs this might be ok for them. Could anyone recommend a reasonable box design software? This might be dumb to those that do ported boxes, but on this woofer’s TS specs including some others, not all companies list Z or SD on TS specs wondered why? Glad SMD has Sundown specs since I could find nothing on their site, or a least none on SA subs. I am curious about port opens being larger as my son got into this and really wants to do the hair trick. Guess I am more old school on this, but with a open mind hoping to learn. Also enjoyed the Psyph Morrison referral we got off SMD. His bass notes flow well on subs, cool stuff.

Box now has a 3.625 x 15.5 x 19.755 length port at 3.55 put 3.63 since we covered L7 hole and best estimate of that 3/4" removal inside of the box. Not sure why they still call these sq woofer solar baric as first ones I thought worked in small boxes where the current recommended 3.5 ported box is more average these days for 15s. Just a thought, seemed curious to me, anyway any ideas please be gentle I am trying to figure what now these days is actually a science of its own. What do most of you use these days for a good sealant to seal box?