Sonic Electronix

Lmao. Of course. Well, know the op knows what a bad batt looks like. Lol.

To the op. With you car off and let it sit for 2 hours. Go read the battery voltage. If its below 12.x then its bad.

After you read the "float" voltage, start the car and read voltage again. If its below 13.5. But the battery had ok voltage then the alts bad.

If you didnt understand any of that, just take the voltage readings and we will tell you whats bad

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Well with only 102amp alt big 3 in 1/0 would not serve its purpose well. But if he is getting a h/o then gogo cadence 1/0. Although I would say go with Shok. It is affordable, very flexible, and has a high strand count.

yes that was not my battery just so everone is clear on that lol. my battery is probably 4 months old. i got it while i had one alpine type S and one amplifier, it worked well for that application . but anyways those alternators i was looking at were probably not good i havent seen their names anywere. i have been looking at these DC power ones. and i checked my volts

car off = 12.45 volts at the battery

car on 14.4 volts not sure if my music has be playing but the music was on very quietly. :shrug:

any suggestions on what i should too? i pretty nooby when it comes to batteries and alternators so thats im here posting I want to learn the most i can.

Edited by boxman420

2001 Monte carlo 2-Crescendo BC5500 Bass, Crescendo 1600.2 and crescendo 1100.4 mids and highs

clarion-702, 4 ZVX 15s walled, RF 360.3, knukonceptz, toolmaker, DC power 270xp and DC power 370xp alts, PWX mids, FT1 tweets,

yeah i was afraid of that after looking at the price of the DC power alternators. any other good alternator brands around that anyone would like to recommend? money isnt really an issue just dont want to blow 700$ when i could have gotten the same thing for 400$ you know?

thanks ray! :clapping:

Edited by boxman420

2001 Monte carlo 2-Crescendo BC5500 Bass, Crescendo 1600.2 and crescendo 1100.4 mids and highs

clarion-702, 4 ZVX 15s walled, RF 360.3, knukonceptz, toolmaker, DC power 270xp and DC power 370xp alts, PWX mids, FT1 tweets,

Call matt at mechman.

He is doing a smd special for sept.

Hit him up

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

yeah i was afraid of that after looking at the price of the DC power alternators. any other good alternator brands around that anyone would like to recommend? money isnt really an issue just dont want to blow 700$ when i could have gotten the same thing for 400$ you know?

I vote for DC Power. With my 270XP, my voltage is 13.8-13.9 (because of my cars computer) and only drops to 13 full tilt with a 5k, 175.4, lights and max a/c turned on.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Call matt at mechman.

He is doing a smd special for sept.

Hit him up

oo i like specials! and their alternator for my car is cheaper then the DC one by quite a bit. and its 270a

I vote for DC Power. With my 270XP, my voltage is 13.8-13.9 (because of my cars computer) and only drops to 13 full tilt with a 5k, 175.4, lights and max a/c turned on.

holy shit. thats relieving because i want to drop 4 12s in the back later in the year. mine struggles with no lights on :bull: but the mechman one is still 270a just 200$ cheaper

Edited by boxman420