Sonic Electronix

Ported or Sealed enclosure for Rock Music

Just like the title says, i'm not a big fan of Rock music but have a guy who i'm building a box for. He wants a ported box, but not quite sure if this would be ideal for rock music. But would definitely like to get some pointers as to what would be a good fit for him.

Here's a run down of the equipment

2 - 12's audiobahns

700 watt audiobahn don't know the model of it yet... haven't seen it i'm getting the equipment in a few days to collect the dimensions of this amp.

if the choice is ported, what freq should the box be tuned for this type of music...

Just like the title says, i'm not a big fan of Rock music but have a guy who i'm building a box for. He wants a ported box, but not quite sure if this would be ideal for rock music. But would definitely like to get some pointers as to what would be a good fit for him.

Here's a run down of the equipment

2 - 12's audiobahns

700 watt audiobahn don't know the model of it yet... haven't seen it i'm getting the equipment in a few days to collect the dimensions of this amp.

if the choice is ported, what freq should the box be tuned for this type of music...

with those subs and that power to them hz between 33 and 38 would make much difference if i am correct. but first off what kind of car sir?

A 4th order will give him the best of both.

If hes cramped on space then do 3.5 cuft with 11 sqin per tuned to 34

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

A 4th order will give him the best of both.

If hes cramped on space then do 3.5 cuft with 11 sqin per tuned to 34

Thanks for your input Ray, I'm definitely gonna listen to a Mastermind like you...

4th order, how much seal and how much ported would you recommend? if you don't mind me asking.. he's not cramped on space, just cramped on the damn height.. he wants to be able to pull the cargo liner over don't know why...