Second Skin Audio

overpowering my subwoofer?

i have a memphis mojo 15-cm15d4 and i am powering it with a rockford fosgate t1500-1bdCP. i am overpowering the amp and the sub by about 250 watts. this makes the sub and amp a little warm but not anything terrible. now how much would i be able to throw at it if say, i got another t1500-1bdCP? im thinking the only reason the sub is getting hot now is because the amp is getting hot. think i'd be able to throw 2.5k at it?

how do you over power your amp with your sub ? and if your worried about over powering your sub with the amp you have now why would you add a second 1500, which would equal 3k not 2.5k yes maybe after box raise and depending on voice coil impedance i may be wrong but without full information isnt much i can help with

dmm. and the amp doesnt even get hot so im not clipping lol. maybe a tiny tiny bit but nothing to wear it can fry. ive had this set up for about 7 months now and havent had a problem. ive listened to it for 2 and a half hours straight at one point and it doesnt get anything other than warm.

Your first post you say it gets warm,, and if your having no problem then what are you asking? your contradicting yourself now

I was thinking the exact same thing.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets