Sonic Electronix

Hello everyone, this is my first post, but figured I would chime in. I am in the Marine Corps and stationed in Okinawa, Japan. I had my six MTX 5500 dvc 12's stolen out of my truck in May this year. I have been saving up for all new audio equipment since. I have just purchased a 240 amp HO alternator from Iraggi, a Kinetik hc1800 for a battery, an hc2400 for rear battery, I already have one set of 1/0 wire ran. I will do one more. I intend to do the big three also. I purchased two US Amps AX3000DE amps, and two 2006 RE XXX 12's, and a new Pioneer avic z1. I am hoping the subs will hit equal to the six mtx's I had. Who knows? If not then I guess I will buy two more amps and subs to have four. I will put it all in when I come home in Nov. on the 27th. My point is, I have lived pretty sketchy over here since May due to buying all the stuff with my paychecks. It is definitely a commitment. I look forward to the install and will post the outcome.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the forums!

I think you will be very happy with those xxx12's.  I think it will be hard to say if youll like the sound of 2 12's over 6 even if the 5500 is not as good.  Your right you might end up doubling your power to make up for it plus maybe 2 more of those xxx will really do the trick.  Im only sayin that because you HAD 6 12's and im not positive the pair will beat them.  Really depends on the install.  Post it up in the member showoff thread when you do!

good luck! ;)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Well, I will know exactly where I stand according to an old mic once everything gets into place. I am going to go with 6 cu. ft. ported to 36hz. I went to a local audio shop and paid 20.00 to get it on a mic and I don't know which one he used....Not the new termlab, but it put a 152 on the dash with the mtx's. I am going to use the same shop to see where the xxx's stand, then I will go to a shop with the term lab and get a true reading.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

the new xxx's are not going to post a # that high because they are more adapt to lower freq.

You will love it though

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Ive been in to car audio since about 90', had my first stereo before I ever had a car, put it in my dads car. Started installing P/T in 94' (18yrs old) quit in 96' Started installing again in 98' till present, yet for some reason, I cant get a single nice install for myself, yet on other peoples cars I get down. But as for myself, I usually keep my boxes un carpeted, same as my fiberglassing    :^  I usually buy the first stereo with the sub outs, or built in adjustable EQs... Anyways, I can usually get a system up and running, and be the loudest guy on the block for about $450-500

But at 31yrs old, Iam still sporting a DEHP-5800 in my 85' S10 with no dash kit, interior is half ripped out, a box in the back, with no amp, because Iam saving to spend about $250 on an amp. 8"s in fiberglass speaker bods waiting on resin/hardner/grill cloth , 4" mids and tweets also in kickpanels waiting on resin/hardner/grill cloth.... Cant afford everything at once... so Iam just waiting on money to roll in to piece stuff together.... Then Iam going to Meades so he can meter my "Special" box  ;) :^

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

lol saving is good... btw ive been working on my new system for a while... id say like febuary or so and im proably about halfway through the equiptment and nothings been installed yet. (although my room looks like it could bump

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer