The soldiers went to fight to help preserve the rights and LAWS we all hold "sacred" and the idea that no one is above said laws.. Not even the soldiers. Get over it.

x2, an age limit is an age limit regardless of who it is,

Well I'll just say if the government deems you old enough to die for your country & kill another man.........

then you are old enough to die for your country and kill another man.

and besides, can't you own a gun at 18 anyway? isn't this just about alcohol?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Well you can buy a shotgun at 18, though he did comment on handguns. To me a weapon is still a weapon.

But yes the law on drinking is there for a reason. I just mean that at a certain age your old enough to go through hell, but not have a drink from time to time?

But hell I don't make the laws, just try my best to follow them.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

My intention is for it to be the fact that they can go die for our country and kill enemies and not return to be able to either of the things listed above. I guess its is more geared towards the weapons thing than alcohol, but the alcohol is still part of it.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

There are more reasons than just age which have influenced the factors that they set as far who can and cannot purchase firearms and alcohol.....Part of it is age yes but the other reasons are due to scientific research that shows ages of mental and psychological maturity so that plays a role

I understand that but, why does the military allow 17yr olds to fire weapons and go to war. Some people develop faster than others. The military isn't just physical conditioning, its psychological as well. I think people really miss that point. I know going through infantry boot/AIT is a bit different than others, but in all basic training you're conditioned mentally and psychically. I would even go as far as to say basic training was close to 50% psychological training. Mental toughness is a key factor to surviving overseas.

On the flip side though, there's plenty of military people that fuck up with drinking and with fire arms. I find it kind of stupid to trust someone withe a rifle but not a handgun. At 18 you can go buy a AK but not a 9mm. Plus most 21yr olds I know I still probably wouldn't trust a weapon to. I think 23-25 is when being an adult really sits in, at least from my personal experience.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

There are more reasons than just age which have influenced the factors that they set as far who can and cannot purchase firearms and alcohol.....Part of it is age yes but the other reasons are due to scientific research that shows ages of mental and psychological maturity so that plays a role

I understand that but, why does the military allow 17yr olds to fire weapons and go to war. Some people develop faster than others. The military isn't just physical conditioning, its psychological as well. I think people really miss that point. I know going through infantry boot/AIT is a bit different than others, but in all basic training you're conditioned mentally and psychically. I would even go as far as to say basic training was close to 50% psychological training. Mental toughness is a key factor to surviving overseas.

On the flip side though, there's plenty of military people that fuck up with drinking and with fire arms. I find it kind of stupid to trust someone withe a rifle but not a handgun. At 18 you can go buy a AK but not a 9mm. Plus most 21yr olds I know I still probably wouldn't trust a weapon to. I think 23-25 is when being an adult really sits in, at least from my personal experience.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Because it isn't about maturity. At 18 your body is still developing physically. Parts of your brain are not where they should be, and drinking stunts their growth.

IIRC its the part of your brain that deals with long-term decision making. Which is also why car insurance drops at 25. You are less prone to do stupid shit without thinking about the consequences.

Most people I come in contact with will admit I'm mature for my age, and always have been. But even I catch myself thinking back and realizing I did something ridiculously stupid.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

This isnt very flamin, am i gonna have to make a funky pup thread? Argue guys please lol get the thread locked that would be great lol. I am writing a 1000 word esay about argumentative styles...so ya argue please lol

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

This isnt very flamin, am i gonna have to make a funky pup thread? Argue guys please lol get the thread locked that would be great lol. I am writing a 1000 word esay about argumentative styles...so ya argue please lol

because its a nonpartisan thread.. get a dem vs repub topic

I don't think you're gonna get a flame war started here... people are pretty respectful of each other here... I think you might wanna try youtube or 4chan for that... (if you go to youtube you can find a war going on at every political, gay/straight, etc videos or even any video that has the key words "black" and "white" in it's tags together)

Those of you who are risking your relationships need to grow up. Bass can't make you sandwhiches.

You clearly haven't tossed lunch meat, cheese, and bread in your port yet. Makes a hell of a bologna sandwich salad. Jiggles the balls pretty good too.

If i ain't learning, I ain't living.

Steve blocked me on YT... I think i irritated him a few years ago.... LOL sorry man

I don't have any serious builds goin on... currently i have an Interfire IF-2400b pushing 2 Alphasonic PSW610J's...

I'm broke and i don't want my son deaf before he's 2 haha