NEW PRODUCT SNEAK PEAK! SMD AD-1 Amp Dyno - UPDATE 3/27/13 Spy Pics Page 11, 13, 14

dose it only test at 8ohms now and gonna go lower soon? i wanna see some amps put to .25ohms lol

Remember this tests at a reactive ohm load. The lowest it would need to go is .5ohm for the few amps that are 1/2 ohm stable. The amp is having to create the power for the dyno to test it and if you were to test a 1 ohm stable amp at .25 it would most likely protect or you could risk blowing the amp.

we were discussing having a few of you send us a WORKING amplifier for us to test, make a youtube video, and send back (with a print out).

when its ready, we will do just that. Between Tony, Juan, and myself, we own tons of amps.....but it would be fun to take a few random amps from some members too. Hell, i might even offer it as a service once the time is right. This wont be a $100 device that anyone will just buy. It will be more on a professional level.

U live where basically all the bass heads are at lol

I'm pretty sure you can get a bunch of random amps just in ur area itself.good stuff bro,once u get rich don't forget about us ;)

Congrats on the new equipment

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK

dose it only test at 8ohms now and gonna go lower soon? i wanna see some amps put to .25ohms lol

Remember this tests at a reactive ohm load. The lowest it would need to go is .5ohm for the few amps that are 1/2 ohm stable. The amp is having to create the power for the dyno to test it and if you were to test a 1 ohm stable amp at .25 it would most likely protect or you could risk blowing the amp.

How is the amp making the power per say if it can be used in a car setup? I would assume everything would be hooked up like usual, and the car would be powering the amps like usual. Only problem I see with it is theres no box rise to test.

So that leads to my question for D and Steve: Is there a way you guys (you may have already thought of it) can make this just like a clamp setup so you can see real world with box rise what power you're getting in your setup? Somehow with either some kind of clamp or RCA Y cable, know what im getting at? Im not sure if I missed something, but it seems at its current prototype state that all it can do is measure the 'max' you can get out of these amps in a perfect world with no rise. I guess unless you knew what your rise is, you could just set that ohm rating, but it seems that would be counterproductive seeing as you would then need to clamp your setup like you normally would without this amazing device. :lol: I know its in the building block stages, just wanted to put that out there and see what you can give back.

All I know is I will have one at some point whatever the cost as its still cool as shit.

P.S. Whatever happened to the d'Amore LED DB guages like from the T15k? :popcorn::pardon:

How is the amp making the power per say if it can be used in a car setup? I would assume everything would be hooked up like usual, and the car would be powering the amps like usual. Only problem I see with it is theres no box rise to test.

So that leads to my question for D and Steve: Is there a way you guys (you may have already thought of it) can make this just like a clamp setup so you can see real world with box rise what power you're getting in your setup? Somehow with either some kind of clamp or RCA Y cable, know what im getting at? Im not sure if I missed something, but it seems at its current prototype state that all it can do is measure the 'max' you can get out of these amps in a perfect world with no rise. I guess unless you knew what your rise is, you could just set that ohm rating, but it seems that would be counterproductive seeing as you would then need to clamp your setup like you normally would without this amazing device. :lol: I know its in the building block stages, just wanted to put that out there and see what you can give back.

All I know is I will have one at some point whatever the cost as its still cool as shit.

P.S. Whatever happened to the d'Amore LED DB guages like from the T15k? :popcorn::pardon:

Good question, I'm in for the answer too! :popcorn:

And same here, I will have one one of these days! I know for a fact this w/be a very popular device! Hell I'd pay $10 - $20 RIGHT NOW to get a few of my amps tested and have a printout sheet of the results! So I know others w/be willing to as well! :drinks:

So roughly how much is one of these beast gonna cost? I know you have no way of knowing for sure, but a guesstimate? I want one BAD! :peepwall:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

From watching the video it looks like they will be able to set the dyno to test at different ohm loads. If you were to send in your amp to be tested and it was tested at reactive ohm loads of 1,2,4,6,and 8 ohms you would then know what real world power you can expect from your amp. testing at each ohm load essentially does factor in box rise since it would be showing how much power you would be getting at those higher loads.

Now just clamp your amp in your setup and see how much real world power you are getting and see if your numbers line up with the numbers of the dyno.

Man that would put an end to so much bs.

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

From watching the video it looks like they will be able to set the dyno to test at different ohm loads. If you were to send in your amp to be tested and it was tested at reactive ohm loads of 1,2,4,6,and 8 ohms you would then know what real world power you can expect from your amp. testing at each ohm load essentially does factor in box rise since it would be showing how much power you would be getting at those higher loads.

Now just clamp your amp in your setup and see how much real world power you are getting and see if your numbers line up with the numbers of the dyno.

Touche...havent had any sleep so I blame that on why I didnt think about that. :pardon: I was thinking oh well my rise is 1.38 ohms or something weird, how am I to know what power im putting out? Some math will tell you that if you have dyno results at, like you said, 1,2,4,6, and 8 ohms. I just think if it was possible to implement something like that, it would be nice for it to simply go BOOM, THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE without having to set the ohms and all that, it just does it for you. Though this isnt necessarily a clamping machine; I would deem it more like a dyno like for vehicles (hence the name derp :orly3:) . This would for sure be cool to clarify 'Hey, does my amp do rated?' 'You seen the AD-1? Not even close to rated dude.'. Im probably getting farther away from what the amp is meant for, just to test your amp for true juice. Just making sure it isnt for more than I was understanding I guess.

Edited by tonedeaf

Next video coming up: SMD AD-1 Amp Dyno vs. "60x4" Deck and "4000d" amp. Names were covered to protect the not so innocent...Check back in about :45 :popcorn::peepwall:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916