NEW PRODUCT SNEAK PEAK! SMD AD-1 Amp Dyno - UPDATE 3/27/13 Spy Pics Page 11, 13, 14

Not to mention it sets a benchmark for the industry to compare to. There will be no more "my amps rated for 2000 watts!" when it actually never even comes close to that number.

I would have made the assumption that if your a company who is in the business to manufacture or distribute an amplifier that you already have some sort of equipment to do such testing.

True, I was meaning more so as a "smd certified power" stamp type of thing though, if that makes sense. That way there is an un biased test that shows real output.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

Not to mention it sets a benchmark for the industry to compare to. There will be no more "my amps rated for 2000 watts!" when it actually never even comes close to that number.

I would have made the assumption that if your a company who is in the business to manufacture or distribute an amplifier that you already have some sort of equipment to do such testing.

But from an industry standpoint: Why would they do that? Equipement costs money, testing costs money. To them - they can just slap a 1500 watt lable on it and 90% of the people who walk into car toys will gobble it up.

And if one of us were to use the AD-1, we could see what kind of real world power we are getting after voltage drop.

I probably won't buy one myself, but I can certainly see the market for one :)

So your thinking that all manufactures do is slap stickers on amps and call it a day without any testing?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Don't make such broad all-encompassing statements... I never said all amp manufacturers do that.

No, not all manufacturers slap stickers on their amp. Although lots of them do.

And no, not all manufacturers test their stuff. Although lots of them do.

Power acoustik slaps stickers and people eat it up like it's candy.

Rockford fosgate tests their stuff and people still eat it up.

Around SMD - we like to use the latter: good, tested, tried and true brands. But most people who walk into some store just buy what's placed in front of them. Most don't even know what to look for other than they see "1500 watts" in bold red lettering. So they get that.

Don't go and pick little chunks out of my post out of context just to try and be wordy. That gets on my nerves...

Don't make such broad all-encompassing statements... I never said all amp manufacturers do that.

No, not all manufacturers slap stickers on their amp. Although lots of them do.

And no, not all manufacturers test their stuff. Although lots of them do.

Power acoustik slaps stickers and people eat it up like it's candy.

Rockford fosgate tests their stuff and people still eat it up.

Around SMD - we like to use the latter: good, tested, tried and true brands. But most people who walk into some store just buy what's placed in front of them. Most don't even know what to look for other than they see "1500 watts" in bold red lettering. So they get that.

Don't go and pick little chunks out of my post out of context just to try and be wordy. That gets on my nerves...

First off sweet heart, it looks like you need to read a little better before you go jumping the gun.

Heres what I said

So your thinking that all manufactures do is slap stickers on amps and call it a day without any testing?

I never said that ALL manufactures just slap stickers on. Your taking what I said out of context.

Its amazing how you know which companies test and which don't. Also its fascinating how you know what "most people" know and purchase.

But I will try to make you happy again and address your entire post since your being so sensative.

You said :

"

But from an industry standpoint: Why would they do that? Equipement costs money, testing costs money. To them - they can just slap a 1500 watt lable on it and 90% of the people who walk into car toys will gobble it up.

And if one of us were to use the AD-1, we could see what kind of real world power we are getting after voltage drop.

I probably won't buy one myself, but I can certainly see the market for one :)"

Why would a company test there equipment? Really are you kidding me? uhhh maybe for quality control. What kind of dumb statement is that, lol.

So because testing and equipment cost money then you assume there are just not interested. Again with a thoughtless comment. What do you think amplifiers are built in some guys shed during his time off. I hardly think money is an issue here. And I am not saying they test everything that comes off the line either.

90% of people go off the red label huh? Where do you get your statistics from?

I don't shop at car toys

Who cares if you plan on buying one.

I have nothing to say about you seeing a market for this equipment.

well I hope your happy now that I have addressed everything you said .

Edited by PUNKYOU007

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

i know the price hasnt been released as of yet but i am sue to be ordering one :) as im the only installer in my area and really get tired of jokers saying that their amp puts out 1000 watts lol and they laugh at me for only havng my amp at 10 o clock when they have theirs all the way maxed out "i used a dd1 and cc1 on my equip "

• 2 weeks later...