NEW PRODUCT SNEAK PEAK! SMD AD-1 Amp Dyno - UPDATE 3/27/13 Spy Pics Page 11, 13, 14

the problem is that these guys who designed this probably make a decent living doing what is in there niche . and when they design something they are not held back by their lack of knowledge of electronics but rather what environment that they work in every day. you can tell by looking at it that it is a rack mount design just like the rack mount stuff that they are used to working on. which is great for bench testing A/C current rack mount amps.......... but it is powered by 12 volts and being marketed towards car audio guys.

Wow post whoring this old thread up much? Wonder what n8 will make your post count.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Wow post whoring this old thread up much? Wonder what n8 will make your post count.

as you can see I really dont really care what my post count is lol. i just want someone to make a decent all in one amp measuring tool. maybe some one will see this and make one. maybe not. i would think all of you guys that like testing your amps would be on my side on this one. my only agenda is getting one of these made. not getting my post count up.

Again, I understand and agree with your thinking. The issue I see is the fact that:

A) It doesn’t appear that this device is/was/ or ever will be designed or marketed as something portable

B.) A proper DC power supply is needed to in home to properly test mobile audio amplifiers which adds another cost to the mix

C) This device is designed to produce one measure: output power in Watts at a given load

I understand what you are looking for in a product, it goes beyond what this one was designed to do. Could what you’re looking for be created, no question YES. Will it be; if so not by me. The point I'm attempting to make is I would not go about looking to have my idea come to fruition by dumping in a thread that's made to inform the masses of a product that is already in the works.

It was even stated by Meade himself, a few things that should have caught people’s attention about this product back on page #1:

I have already said too much. Discuss - and we may join in at a later time. This is probably 100x more interesting then you think it is. Might not be a product for the average consumer but it will be very interesting none the less. Stay tuned. Video's in due time.

we were discussing having a few of you send us a WORKING amplifier for us to test, make a youtube video, and send back (with a print out).

when its ready, we will do just that. Between Tony, Juan, and myself, we own tons of amps.....but it would be fun to take a few random amps from some members too. Hell, i might even offer it as a service once the time is right. This wont be a $100 device that anyone will just buy. It will be more on a professional level.

Here's who's going to buy this product:

A) Any car audio shop that has the funds available to build a proper test bench and will Dyno amps at a cost. Like a Hot Rod Shop: We'll dyno any amp for $XX in car set up, $XX bench set up and $XX per dyno pull. ( at least that’s how Id do it if I was still in a shop)

B.) People like Myself, BigDWiz, HHR Ed, ETC... Who, for whatever reason, have the means and the desire for it

Otherwise we already have test equipment that allows us to get the magic Wattage #. It's just not in a nice little package. Amp Clamps, VOM, Dummy Load boxes etc... we got it already

Bottom line, is your product out there. Yup

I just think you picked the wrong thread to post in about it. Even if you had started another thread in another sub forum some people might have jumped in just as they did here. Who knows?

Edited by ROLEXrifleman

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Again, I understand and agree with your thinking. The issue I see is the fact that:

A) It doesn’t appear that this device is/was/ or ever will be designed or marketed as something portable

B.) A proper DC power supply is needed to in home to properly test mobile audio amplifiers which adds another cost to the mix

C) This device is designed to produce one measure: output power in Watts at a given load

I understand what you are looking for in a product, it goes beyond what this one was designed to do. Could what you’re looking for be created, no question YES. Will it be; if so not by me. The point I'm attempting to make is I would not go about looking to have my idea come to fruition by dumping in a thread that's made to inform the masses of a product that is already in the works.

It was even stated by Meade himself, a few things that should have caught people’s attention about this product back on page #1:

I have already said too much. Discuss - and we may join in at a later time. This is probably 100x more interesting then you think it is. Might not be a product for the average consumer but it will be very interesting none the less. Stay tuned. Video's in due time.

we were discussing having a few of you send us a WORKING amplifier for us to test, make a youtube video, and send back (with a print out).

when its ready, we will do just that. Between Tony, Juan, and myself, we own tons of amps.....but it would be fun to take a few random amps from some members too. Hell, i might even offer it as a service once the time is right. This wont be a $100 device that anyone will just buy. It will be more on a professional level.

Here's who's going to buy this product:

A) Any car audio shop that has the funds available to build a proper test bench and will Dyno amps at a cost. Like a Hot Rod Shop: We'll dyno any amp for $XX in car set up, $XX bench set up and $XX per dyno pull. ( at least that’s how Id do it if I was still in a shop)

B.) People like Myself, BigDWiz, HHR Ed, ETC... Who, for whatever reason, have the means and the desire for it

Otherwise we already have test equipment that allows us to get the magic Wattage #. It's just not in a nice little package. Amp Clamps, VOM, Dummy Load boxes etc... we got it already

Bottom line, is your product out there. Yup

I just think you picked the wrong thread to post in about it. Even if you had started another thread in another sub forum some people might have jumped in just as they did here. Who knows?

sorry im not a forum guy . i dont know all the rules and etiquette. so forgive me if i get peoples panties in a wad. but there is already stuff on ebay and everywhere else that is very inexpensive. you can buy a dc watt meter at hobby king.com for 30 bucks. good for up to 6000 + watts. and just for example i think that the rc guys are not as separated and opinionated as us car audio guys. maybe thats why they can offer an accurate power meter for 30 bucks and we still have to use separate multi meters.

Edited by reharrac

• 3 weeks later...

Why the hell do you want a dash mounted screen for a device thats not intended to stay in your car? and thats also funny that you want a display to show you real time power, voltage, current, and impedence, and want someone to Design and build it for 100 bucks..

this thing isnt even intended to be used to measure reactive loads, its has a bank of dummy loads.

Accurate power meter for 30.00

Well then.. There ya go.

Go buy that and stick it on your dash

Dont get your panties in a wad when i tell you this when released will be 999.99

So.. Now that you know its a 1000.00 tool, go ahead and excuse yourself from the thread.

Yes 1000.00

Not 30.00

Kthxbye

• Like (+1 Rep) 3
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz