subs to match RE Audio XTX-5000.1

DD-1 FTMFW! and as far as the amp goes, send it back for a refund asap. My buddy has one on a xxx 12 and I am not impressed at all!

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

The amp will do no where near rated. They are fairly solid and hold up pretty well but i only had my RE xtx in a few hours before I realized it is way way over rated. The bass knob is useless on this thing and anything past half gain on the amp and it gets muddy and almost starts to clip. I am selling my RE as we speak and just ordered a different amp. I love my RE XXX 15 though,..it is a low end monster. Just personally not impressed at all with the amps. Not CEA compliant which is ok but trust me when I say you will maybe get half of the rated power with a good electrical and a strike of lightning. Just my .02 cents . take it or leave it. But with that amp I would look into the sxx....think it would move a the 15's ok.. Amp has poor dampening factor, so 18's may sound sloppy on the amp. Depending on the build and electrical you may have good luck with the 15s. Trust me though, it will not be long before you want to upgrade that amp. There is a reason why they are priced so nicely for the rated power.

Cheers mate..

fucking lol. gain position is COMPLETELY dependent on the preout voltage of your headunit. in your setup, you turned it up past half, then you were clipping. thats why it sounded muddy. its not the amps fault, its yours.

and 18's dont sound sloppy. what the hell is wrong with people that makes them think that bigger woofers sound shittier than smaller ones? with a bad damping factor (which i dont know what it does exactly, but i know it has something to do with cone control or whatever) then all subs will sound "bad". not just 18's.

i cant believe you're saying this amp will do HALF rated. thats 1250w. on an amp that uses 0 gauge. are you an idiot?

Man I wanted to get two of this amps but thanks for the heads up now what kind of amps can I get now lol may be hifonics or poweracoustic

Team bassin chevys

Man I wanted to get two of this amps but thanks for the heads up now what kind of amps can I get now lol may be hifonics or poweracoustic

neither. whats your budget and how much power do you want at what ohm load? three questions there, mind you.

I would suggest aq 2200. great amps!

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

• 1 month later...

Get some SUNDOWN Amp power...

hey im pretty new in the big stero world ever since i was 16 ive put a lil sub and amp in my rides now that im older im doing it bigger lol i just orderd a re audio xtx 5000 and am wondering what to match them up with? its in a dodge ram ext cab going to do a blowthrew i have in my daily driver 4 12 cvx'x with a zx2500 with a sealed box and it sound great but wanting to do to 15's or 18's thanks

That's cool car stereos system for starter.. .. Try to be real loud isn't always going to be cheap just like having very fast car..

Archived