Second Skin Audio

225 or 300 watts RMS to much for '07 12' kicker comp?

I say the brutus because if you upgrad subs you wont have to go and buy anther amp? Am i wrong for saying this?

Whip:2004 Ford Expedition

Headuint:Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Alt:MechMan 270 Amp

Big 3: Yes

Rear batts:2x Kinetik HC2400

Power Wire:carolprene 0/2 welding wire

Volt Meter:X Scorpion

Front stage:Kicker KS6502

Rear stage:Polk audio 6x8s

High Amp:Boston acoustic GT-4100

Sub stage:Audio Que HDC3 18s Copper Coils D2

Low Amp:Audiopipe AP30001D

Box:6ft3 96in2 34hz

146.8 dbs @ 35hz Sealed up

No.. Kicker makes svc 8ohm subs (stupid I know) but I bet that is exactly what he has, the op most likely really does have a 4ohm load. Especially since it all came in a prefab kicker box and shit, that's why I say go with the kicker 750.1 amp, because it probably makes the perfect power at 4ohms for the prefab kicker box and subs.

guys you are all WRONG.

I bought these FROM KICKER.

these are the box and subs together. i think the name was 07dc124....

google that.......

anyway i HAVE A FINAL IMPEDANCE OF 4OHMS. Kicker zx450.2 or Hifonics BRUTUS BRZ1700.1?

Of those options, I'd choose the BRZ1700.1

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

And the reson they make em in 8 ohms is so you run 8 of them bitchs. :)

Whip:2004 Ford Expedition

Headuint:Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Alt:MechMan 270 Amp

Big 3: Yes

Rear batts:2x Kinetik HC2400

Power Wire:carolprene 0/2 welding wire

Volt Meter:X Scorpion

Front stage:Kicker KS6502

Rear stage:Polk audio 6x8s

High Amp:Boston acoustic GT-4100

Sub stage:Audio Que HDC3 18s Copper Coils D2

Low Amp:Audiopipe AP30001D

Box:6ft3 96in2 34hz

146.8 dbs @ 35hz Sealed up

Kicker amp sound better than Hifonics, and are more efficient, IMO! I had a BRZ2100.1d and all I can say is you better be feeding it proper electric if you want it to do rated. And even then, the Kicker amp just sounds a little better. IMO amps are the best thing Kicker makes, they are solid. I'd go w/ Kicker, out of those two for sure!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Kicker amp sound better than Hifonics, and are more efficient, IMO! I had a BRZ2100.1d and all I can say is you better be feeding it proper electric if you want it to do rated. And even then, the Kicker amp just sounds a little better. IMO amps are the best thing Kicker makes, they are solid. I'd go w/ Kicker, out of those two for sure!

You guys think that 300 watts RMS to each one is too much? I heard that they will take one hell of a beating.

And that's if i plan on going with the hifonics. You guys really think the Hifonics amp is a crappy amp and wont sound good at all? I mean, im only 19, so i prally wont be able to tell a difference and i would LIKE to keep these subs for a long time since i have alsoread that they are like freakin indestructable. but if i do upgrade ill get sometihng like 2 cvrs or cvs's......

Any opions on the BRZ1700.1?

Nothing is indestructable. Send those things 300 clipped watts and find out. I agree on the kicker amp being the best matched amp to your setup. At the end of the day, it's gonna be your money and your setup, so run what you feel comfortable running.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You guys think that 300 watts RMS to each one is too much? I heard that they will take one hell of a beating.

And that's if i plan on going with the hifonics. You guys really think the Hifonics amp is a crappy amp and wont sound good at all? I mean, im only 19, so i prally wont be able to tell a difference and i would LIKE to keep these subs for a long time since i have alsoread that they are like freakin indestructable. but if i do upgrade ill get sometihng like 2 cvrs or cvs's......

Any opions on the BRZ1700.1?

Okay I don't know who keeps telling you how beast the kicker comps are lol. No they are not indestructible by any means, they are kickers lowest end sub, and kicker subs are just whatever. 300w is probably more than I'd give them, but just set your gain properly and make sure they are not bottoming out. But no comps arnt the amazing indestructible sub haha.

And the Brutus would be just fine! I just said the kicker amp because at 4ohms it'd be perfect. The Brutus would do fine also and allow for a bit of an upgrade later on tho

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

No.. Kicker makes svc 8ohm subs (stupid I know) but I bet that is exactly what he has, the op most likely really does have a 4ohm load. Especially since it all came in a prefab kicker box and shit, that's why I say go with the kicker 750.1 amp, because it probably makes the perfect power at 4ohms for the prefab kicker box and subs.

guys you are all WRONG.

I bought these FROM KICKER.

these are the box and subs together. i think the name was 07dc124....

google that.......

anyway i HAVE A FINAL IMPEDANCE OF 4OHMS. Kicker zx450.2 or Hifonics BRUTUS BRZ1700.1?

And why the hell did you day I was wring?? That's exactly what I said!!! ^^^

And btw next time you should search the forums BEFORE you buy lol, and look here here before you "upgrade" to anything else kicker. There are much better options, especially if you decide on the brz1700 as your amp

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Yea , I know what your saying , it's like when 17 year old kids bring me amps and say they are 1700 watts with no name just a model # and I have to burst there bubble, when I tell em look at the fuse I'n the side amp x volts = watts then they look at u with the stupid look lol

lol im 18 and love doing that to people. "dude im sorry your 2000 watt amp u bought for 80 bucks barely puts out 300."

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

And btw next time you should search the forums BEFORE you buy lol, and look here here before you "upgrade" to anything else kicker. There are much better options, especially if you decide on the brz1700 as your amp

Wow.

First off, You wanna how how much i paid for these things? yeah wanna know? New sealed in the box? 50 bucks. plus 7 for shipping. I dont know about you but in todays economy thats better than getting "OHG WAY BETTER SUBS LOLOLOL" that cost like 600 bucks.

Second, Learn to have a sense of humor or non-literal mindset about everything. i know nothing in this world is indestructible, i mean they are tough compared to alot of other subs in the same price range. And you want to know who told me that they could take a hell of a beating? by using the forum search function.

I mean atleast for my first system ever you have to admit at least im not a complete idiot and asking the right questions and know what all the terms mean and what knot. just wanted some opinions on some matters.

Im not mad, if you are i apologize. just trying to thoughts on the subject that i am relatively new in...

How would i keep that hifonics amp from clipping? Make sure the voltage doesnt drop? Because isnt clipping where the amp creates a sound wave that goes past the amps capability and it turns into square waves that arent sound and just pure power and it makes the voice coil heat up rather quickly?

I think i will go with the BRUTUS. If i set my gains correctly i wont completely blow them up and then if i ever get the urge to get new ones i already have a big amp for further upgrades.

So to be clear. Im not saying that these comps are so amazing, im am stating that they are for the LOW END MARKET. obviously a vr or vrx is WAYY better but i only payed 50 bucks for 2 in a kicker box brandnew. sorry 57. So do you understand my point of view? LOL i know 200 bucks worth of speakers isnt that great but im not trying to show off or this isnt my hobby, it is something that isnt important, more as a toy to me. no need to be all perfect and this that and best kind and what knot......