Ill let him know you got a sticker for him

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Do you have some old school gear installed and playing in your vehicle? A build log or at least some pictures?

I've been spending too much time buying and testing RMS wattage output to do an install, LOL. I'm using a 2002 Power 550x and Kicker Solobaric S10c (1996'ish) right now. No build log, only one video installing the 10" sub in my xB.

I know some of you may say, why have all of this stuff and not use it? Well, my intentions were to collect the older RF gear and keep it MINT for future generations to woo and wow over. Now, with that said, I do have a project in the works using some of this gear, just not in my car (hint, hint, portable...boombox)

See the "stealth" install of the sub below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Ill let him know you got a sticker for him

Nice! All I really need is the address to ship it to, I don't expect anything further.

i-XrjVhBw-L.jpg

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

Hes out playing pool.

Im sure he will hit you up when hes done.

Super nice collection btw.

I have a few myself but nothing as nice as yours. Im just happy they work.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Hes out playing pool.

Im sure he will hit you up when hes done.

Super nice collection btw.

I have a few myself but nothing as nice as yours. Im just happy they work.

That cool. I just noticed him saying he would get a sticker made for his Punch 150 and I was like NOOO..this is a factory RF sticker NOS!

Thanks for the comment about my goodies...there are 2 more guys I know who's collection put mine to shame and I'm sure there are many more out there more impressive than mine. I just love this stuff...I'm just buying all of the gear I drooled over back in the day and couldn't afford...

all this brings back so many memories.

love your in depth video reviews/opinions etc

thanks for sharing...

I see now I've been wasting my time posting in the RF Vintage Forum over the past few years. I think there are only like 10 people who regularly view that forum and it is refreshing to be part of a more "active" forum. I've put up TONS of pictures, history, articles, literature, etc. I've accumulated over the years on the RF Vintage Forum.

I appreciate the comments about my vids. I just have a blast making them and I've found a pretty efficient way to make them and get them out fast (using the iPhone 4 and iMovie (app on the phone!). The only thing really lacking is the titles. You have zero options to change font, size, etc. Oh well. I can shoot, edit and upload a video within an hour using the phone and the quality is not bad at all and 720p HD!

For the more detailed videos, I use a Panasonic HDC-TM700 1080P camcorder with an external mic. I also edit my vids using Sony Vegas Pro 9 (the non-iPhone captured vids).

I'm seriously jealous of that collection. I used to never keep gear, and now I'm really wishing I held on to some of it. Props for a badass collection my friend.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

all this brings back so many memories.

love your in depth video reviews/opinions etc

thanks for sharing...

I see now I've been wasting my time posting in the RF Vintage Forum over the past few years. I think there are only like 10 people who regularly view that forum and it is refreshing to be part of a more "active" forum. I've put up TONS of pictures, history, articles, literature, etc. I've accumulated over the years on the RF Vintage Forum.

I appreciate the comments about my vids. I just have a blast making them and I've found a pretty efficient way to make them and get them out fast (using the iPhone 4 and iMovie (app on the phone!). The only thing really lacking is the titles. You have zero options to change font, size, etc. Oh well. I can shoot, edit and upload a video within an hour using the phone and the quality is not bad at all and 720p HD!

For the more detailed videos, I use a Panasonic HDC-TM700 1080P camcorder with an external mic. I also edit my vids using Sony Vegas Pro 9 (the non-iPhone captured vids).

Well, you're welcome here. Many of us used to be members of that forum at one time as well. So, I'm sure you know TomTom . . . might also know me . . . I was pretty clear about the rarity of the Power 360 on the RF forum.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Well, you're welcome here. Many of us used to be members of that forum at one time as well. So, I'm sure you know TomTom . . . might also know me . . . I was pretty clear about the rarity of the Power 360 on the RF forum.

Tony, I have read all of the info you've posted in the RF Vintage forum, and it has been extremely useful. Speaking of the Power 360, do you have an idea of how many were produced? I believe you mentioned less then 50 for the Power 650 bipolar, but I don't recall #'s for the 360.

Yes, I've talked with tomtomjr and fingaz22 (those are the 2 collectors I mentioned who's stash puts mine to shame). Tomtom has been busy selling night vision equipment lately. Fingaz22 headed up some RF Power series shroud refinishing lately. He has a local guy who's powdercoating is almost EXACTLY as the factory RF finish and also a good silkscreener. He's also working on an Old School build using some Pro Series 18's and a Power 1000 Mosfet.

Thanks for the welcome and I must stress I'm not one of those guys saying the old school gear is "better" than the newer stuff. Kind of the way some people like older cars than the newer ones.

-Dereck

Archived