so I purchased a Viper 5701 and I am getting it installed by a shop because in my case, that is the smart thing to do. I am buying the shock sensor, glass break sensor, field disturbance sensor, and tilt sensor as well. my question is this- is installing the add ons as big of a pain in the ass as installing the alarm? is it basically a plug-it-in and mount ordeal or what? I'd like to do it myself to save money if possible.

thanks,

Sam

there more plug and play but you do have to attach it correctly to the brain then run them to the correct spots. my shop installs everything you have for the same price. its the brain part more so thats the difficult part.

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

there more plug and play but you do have to attach it correctly to the brain then run them to the correct spots. my shop installs everything you have for the same price. its the brain part more so thats the difficult part.

is your shop by any chance in/around Michigan? =| and what do you mean "attach it correctly"? how do I attach it incorrectly?

i installed the proximity sensor on mine AFTER i got the alarm itself installed by a shop, it was easy because they did the hard part. you have to make sure its getting to the right wires

heres the link to my thread: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/119846-need-help-adding-a-proximity-sensornow-installed/

ask to see how much MORE they will charge if they install them, if they do it for the same amount then have them do it. if it way more then maybe try it yourself.

well theres ports on the brain for each attachment. just make sure you get the lets say 5 pin plug in the 5 pin port on the brain. what the shop is doing is the hard part. all the extras will be easy to do. and no sorry were on long island lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

well theres ports on the brain for each attachment. just make sure you get the lets say 5 pin plug in the 5 pin port on the brain. what the shop is doing is the hard part. all the extras will be easy to do. and no sorry were on long island lol

so all the accessories might not even fit if there are too many with the same amount of pins? =|

so all the accessories might not even fit if there are too many with the same amount of pins? =|

does anybody know?