think this performance chip is any good?

do not buy that, it will be a complete waste of money, for f150's the best programer is a gryphon which is the same thing as a edge evolution...trust me its worth every bit of money i gained 6 mpg not to mention the power (but my engine wasnt stock to begin with) and for ford powerstroke engines the best tuner is sct....i have built up (performance wise) countless ford engines, mainly diesels but i have done my fair share of gas ones too, plus the beauty of the edge evo is all the adjust ability you get which you really need to get all the power out of the 4.6...i dont know what ford was thinking with that engine....i have the gryphon on my 5.4 f150 (2004 but newer body style) and it was the best investment i ever could have made...if you have any more questions you can pm me, i forget about threads that i post in so that would be best....dont let someone else tell you to order some cheap ass chip cause your not gonna get a ton of power out of it and its most likely not gonna do shit but piss you off cause you just wasted 70 bucks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

do not buy that, it will be a complete waste of money, for f150's the best programer is a gryphon which is the same thing as a edge evolution...trust me its worth every bit of money i gained 6 mpg not to mention the power (but my engine wasnt stock to begin with) and for ford powerstroke engines the best tuner is sct....i have built up (performance wise) countless ford engines, mainly diesels but i have done my fair share of gas ones too, plus the beauty of the edge evo is all the adjust ability you get which you really need to get all the power out of the 4.6...i dont know what ford was thinking with that engine....i have the gryphon on my 5.4 f150 (2004 but newer body style) and it was the best investment i ever could have made...if you have any more questions you can pm me, i forget about threads that i post in so that would be best....dont let someone else tell you to order some cheap ass chip cause your not gonna get a ton of power out of it and its most likely not gonna do shit but piss you off cause you just wasted 70 bucks

If you read his post, you'd find that he has the 4.2 V-6, NOT the 4.6 V-8. So maybe you can suggest something for his application, I feel like you definitely know your shit about Fords.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

in my personal experience, being in the performance engine environment, you do nottttt want a predator, any of that hand held shit! what you want is a blackbearperformance.com what you do is he sends you all the things you need, and makes a custom tune where it changes your transmission shift points, gives you a race/strip mode if you press a button while your driving it will bring the stall out in your transmission. these tunes are the way to get the most horsepower. and the best thing about it is, if you ever get a cam, or put longtubes, or heads, whatever it is, all you have to do is tell him and he wont charge you anything except to ship the space ecm to him and he will put a new tune on it for free. you just plug it up into your truck, drive around for a little while and it reads how your engine drives and changes the speed of shiftness, hardness of shifts, your rev limiter, puts full force on your fuel lines, the whole deal. i have had a diablo, it was the shit at first! then got a westers, and i cant even burn out and ride it out. fuck that. it wont ever stop spinning and ill just go on forever til i let off the gas. then i got a blackbear, and it was the same reaction i had switching from the diablo to the westers. although. i do have a chevy. so be careful. FORDS WILL BREAK! F.ound O.n R.oad D.ead :rofl:

im just messing with you. anything will go fast with the right equipment and tuning. TUNING! so you dont want a little handheld programmer that puts the same 3 tunes on all of your vehicle models, you want one for your specific needs and wants. if you ask justin at blackbear, he can break your transmission with a tune if he wants to. but he puts safe tunes out there that just use all off your components full potential. blackbear is the way to go. visit that website i gave you. blackbearperformance.com it is the best of the best right now if you dont want to get fucked in the ass by other companies. he has great customer service so at least shoot him an email and talk to him and you will be set!

Thank you for that blackbear information. There used to be a site called LSTruck.com or some crap, and the guy did the same thing. I'm not sure exactly of the name of that website, but it was the same principle. You would send in the ECU, he would reflash with mods you had on your truck specifically, like REMOVE the torque management system from GM motors. It's nice to see there are other companies that do the same thing. How much does the reflash cost?

P.S. Sorry OP for the mini thread jack :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

its 200 dollars, but thats lifetime exchanges, you can send it in whenever you want, but you have to give him a 350 dollar deposit because he sends you all the scanners and everything to hook up to your computer which is pretty expensive software, but then he refunds it back. he isnt a scammer or anything. i can give you my word on that, and there are plenty of forums that you can hear about him. its a business.

hmm....its tempting...but what if it screws up your ride? :peepwall:

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

ill definitely have to take a look at those websites and see whatll work the best. thanks guys for the info.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

• 2 weeks later...

if your running a ford gas engine the best tuner is a gryphon which is basically a edge tuner on crack like i said before, thanks clean sierra i wish i wouldnt forget to take pictures half the time but ive built up so many diesel engines thats what got my started with fords. and there is nothing wrong with adding more power to your ford its not gonna break, its not gonna be found on the road dead, people who say that shit are stupid, if you dont do the mod the right way or drive it like a jack ass it will in example if you have a diesel and you have a CAI and just a tuner your EGTS are gonna be through the roof and your gonna blow your headstuds unless you keep an eye on it and make sure it dosnt go above 1200 degrees for too long, easy fix for that throw and exhaust on there it cuts EGTS down alot (i know were not talking diesels here just giving you an example) my truck only has mild performance upgrades, weights over 9k pounds with my stereo and still runs high 6 from 0-60 you may say hey thats not that great, but i can and have towed over 28.000 pounds with a quad in the back of my truck too while slappin my music at 150 db so that about sums it up.

so either get a edge or just go strait for it and get a gryphon, that allows you to throw custom tunes on there and they cost 30 bucks each and make a HUGE difference because the guy who does it, while he is very behind and it takes time (its still very worth it) he does it to your driving style, and instead of 93 octane (who the fuck uses that anyway were in a recession and all wanna use the money on our stereo) and will build the tune to if you have a custom exhaust or if you have a custom cold air intake, or twin electric fans like me also and make it work so your getting the most power at the lowest gas level. ALSO dont forget to get the 3 dollar bottle of fuel injector cleaner spend a couple bucks more and get the super concentrated one and do it 3 times back to back after you get your tuner it makes a big difference but dont put it in till your tank is empty, then poor in the cleaner and then fill up so its all mixed in nicely, also will eventually increase mpg and give you a bit more power, but only do it 3 times after your tuner.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

if your running a ford gas engine the best tuner is a gryphon which is basically a edge tuner on crack like i said before, thanks clean sierra i wish i wouldnt forget to take pictures half the time but ive built up so many diesel engines thats what got my started with fords. and there is nothing wrong with adding more power to your ford its not gonna break, its not gonna be found on the road dead, people who say that shit are stupid, if you dont do the mod the right way or drive it like a jack ass it will in example if you have a diesel and you have a CAI and just a tuner your EGTS are gonna be through the roof and your gonna blow your headstuds unless you keep an eye on it and make sure it dosnt go above 1200 degrees for too long, easy fix for that throw and exhaust on there it cuts EGTS down alot (i know were not talking diesels here just giving you an example) my truck only has mild performance upgrades, weights over 9k pounds with my stereo and still runs high 6 from 0-60 you may say hey thats not that great, but i can and have towed over 28.000 pounds with a quad in the back of my truck too while slappin my music at 150 db so that about sums it up.

so either get a edge or just go strait for it and get a gryphon, that allows you to throw custom tunes on there and they cost 30 bucks each and make a HUGE difference because the guy who does it, while he is very behind and it takes time (its still very worth it) he does it to your driving style, and instead of 93 octane (who the fuck uses that anyway were in a recession and all wanna use the money on our stereo) and will build the tune to if you have a custom exhaust or if you have a custom cold air intake, or twin electric fans like me also and make it work so your getting the most power at the lowest gas level. ALSO dont forget to get the 3 dollar bottle of fuel injector cleaner spend a couple bucks more and get the super concentrated one and do it 3 times back to back after you get your tuner it makes a big difference but dont put it in till your tank is empty, then poor in the cleaner and then fill up so its all mixed in nicely, also will eventually increase mpg and give you a bit more power, but only do it 3 times after your tuner.

thanks man thats pretty informative. ill definitely be hittting you up with questions when i start fixing everything back and getting an income again.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

• 4 weeks later...

bigaltexas :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)