Sundown Audio

Internal Pics of RE Audio XTX5000D amp (BLOWN)

MuRKRoW

was gona say ud be screwed if u ripped that lil sticker. not gona lie be kinda funny for someone to post something like this and not care cause its under waranty then realize they just broke the seal so now there beat lol

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

lol looks like a typical post buyout amp from them, i've yet to see great results from anything post buyout from them.

Yeah :/ I wasn't expecting to get a whole lot from a $350 amp in the first place lol. I'm waiting on twistedchild420 to get back to me about a Crescendo BC3500 :lol:

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

I believe i've found the reason for the amp blowing! :lol:

One of the tinsel leads on my Solo x 18 had completely ripped off about 2 months ago and I reattached it, but it was nowhere good enough. Since my amp blew, I decided to take my sub out and check it out. I checked the resistance on both coils and the first one was fine. The second one had the bad tinsel lead and the resistance on my multimeter was swaying between 2ohms(which it was supposed to be) all the way up to 40ohms just from wiggling it! :ehh: I decided to take the whole terminal apart and remove the old chunk of tinsel lead from it and start over. Here are some pics of the outcome:

img53721.jpg

img53731.jpg

img53761.jpg

img53861.jpg

img53871.jpg

img53781.jpg

All back together and reading correctly! :woot:

Edited by MuRKRoW

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

4 group 34 agm batteries

so was it a bad amplifier or a bad woofer?

to clearify this is the xtx 5000.1 amp right?

Well the tinsel lead of my sub ripped out and my bad attempt to reconnect it is what blew the amp. Since the ohm load going through that tinsel lead was varying from 2ohms up to 40ohms from wiggling it, it probably was really hard on the amp (especially that MOSFET that exploded). While the amp was working, it was very reliable. And yes it's the XTX5000.1. I have to change the title. I thought I saw a D at the end lol :shrug:

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

4 group 34 agm batteries