HPF makes my woofer very quiet

nitwimp

HPF blocks bass...simply put (yes, I know not 'block', but you all know what I am getting at). lol HPF is a setting for mids and highs, not to be on with subs.

I figured the one person explaining it would be enough lol

A high pass filter will “pass” high frequencies about a specified cut-off frequencies while attenuates “drastically” below.

Found here:

http://www.audiorecording.me/what-does-a-high-pass-filter-do.html

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

WOW

why is this thread still going on

HPF = HIGH PASS FREQUENCY

IT CUTS OFF EVERYTHING BELOW THE SET FREQUENCY

It's meant to BLOCK lows from your highs amps to help get higher volumes without distortion.

OF COURSE setting your HPF on will shut your subs up, you subs won't have anything to play.

If you turn the hpf off will it go above -6?

Totally. and bass is the only one that is not effected when i try to adjust it when hpf is on.

and the l/o mode when set to subwoofer instead of rear is also gets softer.

????

ok..try this!

if is on your amp the HPF -turn it to 0, and set your LPF at 80(like mine)

then on your HEADunit set your HPF...and play it...

it worked for me

amp doesnt have hpf on it. only gain bass boost thing and lpf. unlesss im totally retarded. and its on the other side or something.

have you checked the cables?

everythings good i believe. its only when i turn on the hpf. it soudns all normal with it off but when i turn it on, i can still kinda hear it but it doesnt matter how loud i try and make it go up it stays consistantly weak.

i think they already explained that....and i think that he knows what HPF means....and wath use it is for :peepwall:

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

If you turn the hpf off will it go above -6?

Totally. and bass is the only one that is not effected when i try to adjust it when hpf is on.

and the l/o mode when set to subwoofer instead of rear is also gets softer.

????

ok..try this!

if is on your amp the HPF -turn it to 0, and set your LPF at 80(like mine)

then on your HEADunit set your HPF...and play it...

it worked for me

amp doesnt have hpf on it. only gain bass boost thing and lpf. unlesss im totally retarded. and its on the other side or something.

have you checked the cables?

everythings good i believe. its only when i turn on the hpf. it soudns all normal with it off but when i turn it on, i can still kinda hear it but it doesnt matter how loud i try and make it go up it stays consistantly weak.

what headunit do you have??

alpine??

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

WOW

It's meant to BLOCK lows from your highs amps to help get higher volumes without distortion.

OF COURSE setting your HPF on will shut your subs up, you subs won't have anything to play.

I know what it does but if its still playing the low frequencys why cant i listen to them loudly?

its that i can hardly hear the frequencies that are coming form the sub because the bass gets moved down to -6 when ever i turn it on.

WOW

I know what it does but if its still playing the low frequencys why cant i listen to them loudly?

its that i can hardly hear the frequencies that are coming form the sub because the bass gets moved down to -6 when ever i turn it on.

Read my post above. If you have only two sets of RCAs, then you cannot use HPF because it will HPF all sets of RCAs. If you have 3 sets of RCAs, make sure the sub set it running to the sub amp and make sure the sub setting is set correctly.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Do you have three sets of RCAs? Also, if you do, are you using the Sub set of RCAs? If so, then what phase are you set at, and what level is your sub output on your deck at?

If you only have two sets of RCAs, then you cannot use HPF

one set i believe, only going to my sub amp im using my stock monsoon amp for my doors ibelieve? i just kinda hooked those up and they worked.

WOW

o my god....is this a joke?? :peepwall:

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Archived