HPF makes my woofer very quiet

nitwimp

Bass cant move from -6. Isn't the bass setting on most decks(at least everyone ive seen) control the door speakers bass? The subwoofer level controls the actual sub bass.

correct. i stated that already.

bass level changes 60/80/100/200hz

sub level changes everything below the LPF setting (should be set at 85)

Well if thats the case then everything is fine.... if i want more i should adjust the bass eq? but i thought pumping that up is bad

so if you turn the HPF off... does the bass level go to 0?

if u want more bass u either need to turn the headunit up more, turn the gain up more... or different subs/box/bigger amp.

an eq should not be used to boost what is lacking... its best used to quiet whats too loud

If i turn the hpf off i am free to adjust the bass from -6 to +6 and the hz but with it on it is stuck at -6 and 60

Bingo! makes sense now. what hz is ur HPF set at?

that setting will not affect the subwoofer preout.

it seems the headunit uses the eq to lower signal... which is the same thing as a high pass filter.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bass cant move from -6. Isn't the bass setting on most decks(at least everyone ive seen) control the door speakers bass? The subwoofer level controls the actual sub bass.

Well if thats the case then everything is fine.... if i want more i should adjust the bass eq? but i thought pumping that up is bad

if u want more bass u either need to turn the headunit up more, turn the gain up more... or different subs/box/bigger amp.

an eq should not be used to boost what is lacking... its best used to quiet whats too loud

If i turn the hpf off i am free to adjust the bass from -6 to +6 and the hz but with it on it is stuck at -6 and 60

OK, so it can change without HPF off? Have you set your rear RCAs to SUBW yet?

EDIT: Just read Decaf's post. Makes a little more sense now lol.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

it seems the headunit uses the eq to lower signal... which is the same thing as a high pass filter.

The hpf only has a on and off setting. do i go into my mids and treble to mess with those hz? i believe my mids are at 100 and my tre at .5khz

OK, so it can change without HPF off? Have you set your rear RCAs to SUBW yet?

EDIT: Just read Decaf's post. Makes a little more sense now lol.

They were set to subw the first time.

The hpf only has a on and off setting. do i go into my mids and treble to mess with those hz? i believe my mids are at 100 and my tre at .5khz

then turn it off

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Archived