Sonic Electronix

loud bass... not enough power??

soo i used to be able to bump my system for long periods of time with no problems at all but this past week i noticed that now when i have my system turned up to what i normally listen to(23/35).. the sub bass starts to cut out on heavy low bass parts. i turn the volume back down a bit(12-15/35) n the sub bass comes back on. if i keep the volume anywhere below 15 the sub bass never cuts out. i turn it back up(20-23) n it can play sub bass but cuts on n off from heavy loud bass.

i also noticed the cars battery isnt as strong n not sure when was the last time the battery was changed. when i turn the key in the ignition the car is slower to kick over n start than before all interior/head lights dim more than usual on heavy low bass so im guessing the battery is whats not giving out enough power on loud heavy low bass parts n if i replace the old battery with a new one my problem would go away n i can go back to bumping it as loud as i want with no problems again?!

much appreciated if anyone can help me out or give any other suggestions on solving my bass problem!!

Yeah I would do a big 3 upgrade and replace the battery with a redtop or something, sounds easily like a electrical problem

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

The big 3 is like..20-30ft of 0awg wire.. And a battery like a redtop is like..240$? But easily sounds like electrical needs upgrading in my opinion, like stef said, measure your voltage with a DMM if you go under 12volts or so , I'd get a new batt

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

My system did that found out my batt was dead so i recharged it and it worked fine for another month but it was drawing more power then my alt could provide so it was draining my batt so i added a second batt did big 3 upgrade and i have tons of power to spare hehe plus i check my levels often so i know where i am at have to charge every so often still but that's why i ordered a new alt from Michael SINGER. that should solve all of my problems. i suggest you upgrade your alt that will solve all of your power issues then do a new batt i would have gone the route if i had known better lol.

200 amp alt to fit stock location in my 01 gti was 365 shipped

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

test the bat. if it drops too much replace it. but I wouldn't go with a red top. if your gonna drop that kind of cash, you mide as well go with XS power. sounds like the alternator doesnt need to be replaced. you really shouldn't be straining it all that much with 1000 watts. and longhair is correct, I couldnt see needing 20-30 feet of 0 gauge for the big 3. of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. test all grounds to make damn sure none of them came loose. if they did, it could be sending your amp into low voltage protect, not to mention heating up the wire.

an easy way to tell if your bats dying is turning your headlights on before you start the car. start it, and if they dim real bad or turn completely off when cranking, your battery is the problem. getting an additional battery would be putting a band-aid on the problem instead of fixing it.

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Does your amp pop in and out of protect mode? One time I had a partially melted fuse block and when I turned it up the bass would cut out because the fuse wasnt always contacting. Tighten them fuses!

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)