Second Skin Audio

best option?

if you were in my situation and wanted to pick what "system" you could pick what would you run?

the amp is a hifonics Brutus 2100.1

speakers are stock speakers just ran off the HU ( pioneer 3100 )

the vehicle is a 2003 ford F250

I currently have 2 RE SeX 10s d2 running at 4ohms in a custom sealed center console box that I made using the specs from RE audio/US amps. I want to go ported and possible change subs, I plan on building the box under and into the rear seat. I want it to be ported and sound good(looking for SPL). What I have in mind of doing is running 2 RE SeX 12s ported or 1 kicker L3 15 ported. thats what I have in mind...open to options from you guys in the forum and are willing to take differnt routes with this...I have built boxes before and have some knowledge on how to fiberglass (current box is kerfed and fiberglassed to resemble the curve of a seat). any help and advice is appreciated. I want to get the price of the sub/s around $300 give or take like $20. Thank you for any advice you can offer me.

BABYJUICE

First of all if you have 2 dvc 2ohm subs you cannot be running at 4ohms, so you're not at 4ohms I don't think. Second of all 2 12 sex subs is the better choice by a lot! That isn't even a question, but there are alot of subs you could look into, read a few threads in here and I'm sure you'll see a ton of names, I personally like obsidian audio subs, especially for small 2k set ups that you don't want to spend thousands of dollars on. But whatever subs you get make sure you get dvc4's instead of dvc2's just so you can utilize your amps power at 1ohm. Unless you do a single sub set up, then you'll want a d2 sub.

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

idk who told u ur at 4 ohms,but u can only go 0.5 / 2 / 8 ohms with 2 d2 subs..... so read ur final ohm with a ddm.....

also, 1 l3 kicker wouldnt be able to take 2000 daily.... ill go with the 2 sex 12s over that l3 kicker 15.......

2 12's ported are going to require around 4ft^3 of airspace btw... Idk what your exact plans are as to where and how the box will go, but if you won't have that much space I'd suggest 10's or 8's depending on your airspace. The box I the important thing, allowing the sub to do what it needs to do

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

First of all if you have 2 dvc 2ohm subs you cannot be running at 4ohms, so you're not at 4ohms I don't think. Second of all 2 12 sex subs is the better choice by a lot! That isn't even a question, but there are alot of subs you could look into, read a few threads in here and I'm sure you'll see a ton of names, I personally like obsidian audio subs, especially whore small 2k set ups that you don't want to spend thousands of dollars on. But whatever subs you get make sure you get dvc4's instead of dvc2's just so you can utilize your amps power at 1ohm. Unless you do a single sub set up, then you'll want a d2 sub.

Yes you are right I am running at 2..sorry I had brain fart there...yeah I figured 2 would be better but just wanted to make sure... I really want to run 2 subs but im not too sure yet. Ive read alot of threads on here and I know that there are a TON of companies too choose from. I gonna look into obsidian and see what they have to offer..im kinda leaning more to running a single 15 instead of 2 12s. so ill look into that. thank you for the quick reply.

BABYJUICE

2 12's = more cone area + more motor force which is usually going to get louder if in the correct box as a single 15 on the same power. But I'd figure out what kind of airspace your going to have first! If airspace isn't a factor you could do 2 15's even. But you need to know what kind of room you are going to have first, then you can know what size of subs to be looking for

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Yeah airspace is where I'm gonna determine what I'm gonna actually gonna be able to run. I'm trying to get some ideas of subs and I'm definatly going to be taking my time in doing this system...I'm still new at all of this and I'm looking to learn more and get bigger and better as I go. I know I'm gonna make some mistakes but I'm human. And I'm gonna be asking a lot of questions on here before i jump into this.

BABYJUICE

That's fine but asking questions is only good if you listen to the answer haha, don't take that personal, i just say that cause kids come in here all the time asking questions and getting advice but not taking any of it and still doing their first idea, which was usually a horrible one haha

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D