Can you actually get arrested for loud music?

Dont think you would get taken to jail unless you have some kind of priors or if they have reasonable cause they could search the ride and they find something. But not pulling someone just for blasting there system.

Stupid law anyway, I dont see how they justified giving people an instance fine for this. Its just like if someone was having a house party and the neighbors call the call the cops. Assuming everyone is of age they just tell you to keep it down. :shrug:

Check your states laws about loud, amplified, and excessive noise.

In the state I live in, loud music is a criminal offense punishable by a fine of $200-500 and a possibility that you can have your D/L suspended for 30 days.

:)

What? Wow!! I thought Va was bad about laws. At least here, i've been given warnings for loud music and they just told me the next time it would be ticket

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

arrest just means stop. When you are pulled over, technically you have been arrested. When they cuff you and put you in the car you have been taken into custody. and they CAN take you in to custody for anything...even questioning for something you may or may not have seen...they CAN do that. they are legally allowed to do that. Charging you with something is different. a civil infraction is just that..an infraction...no record, they just want to hassle you

hey thx for the info...u seem pretty knowledgeable on the subject?.....something u wanna tell us :ehh: ? lol jk

I've been in my fair share of trouble in the past

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

After looking up my local noise law this is what i found and i think i can live with that :good:

Radios, TVs, musical instruments, loudspeakers, or any other sound amplification devices may not be used between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. if they can be heard:

Across property boundaries

Through common walls within a building

At 50 feet from a car parked on a public right-of-way or in a public place

wow are u for real? man that sux dude

What? Wow!! I thought Va was bad about laws. At least here, i've been given warnings for loud music and they just told me the next time it would be ticket

It's on the law books, but I've never see or heard of anyone having D/L suspended.

I guess if the judge wanted it to happen, it would.

It's 85 DBs @ 25 feet, but I see a lot of cops with speed guns and none with DB meters in my area.

The worst punishment I've seen to date

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWH1Tbbnf5I

:trippy:

I've been writing a lot of papers on how all this noise ordinance crap needs to be handled, and I came across noisefree.org. If you go here: http://www.noisefree.org/modelord.php you can find the ordinances for your city and county. I'm pretty stupid when it comes to legal matters, but I think you can find something in there that could help you argue your case if you DO get pulled over. From what I gathered (and I could be totally wrong), apparently they can't even technically give you tickets for it unless they actually meter your car to see if it's truly over the legal decibel limit, because up until they DO meter it and get a legitimate reading on just how loud it is, whether or not you're playing your music "too loud" is purely subjective.

and they CAN take you in to custody for anything...even questioning for something you may or may not have seen...they CAN do that. they are legally allowed to do that.

This.

Check your states laws about loud, amplified, and excessive noise.

In the state I live in, loud music is a criminal offense [...].

:)

And this.

My info comes from a lawyer and a police officer respectively.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

When i was given my loud music warnings, one cop told me he could give me a ticket if he heard my music from over 50 feet away. Which is stupid really, i mean you could hear a really crappy stock system distorting that far away!! :)

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

wow are u for real? man that sux dude

It's on the law books, but I've never see or heard of anyone having D/L suspended.

I guess if the judge wanted it to happen, it would.

It's 85 DBs @ 25 feet, but I see a lot of cops with speed guns and none with DB meters in my area.

The worst punishment I've seen to date

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWH1Tbbnf5I

:trippy:

BigPimpin' Bass Remix all of those and then what would the judge do?

Dude it sounds like the cops in your town have nothing to do! Is there not a dunkin donuts there???

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Archived