Sonic Electronix

Brand new rockford fosgate car amp up in smoke!!!

gain 3/4 up? thats a scary thought

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

First of all it sounds like a poor ground. Grounding to your seat belt bracket is NOT a good grounding spot. A better grounding spot would be a bolt off your strut tower, luggage tie down bolt, or frame. I highly doubt they will cover your amp since its smoked, you should have sent it in or had a professional shop look at the amp and see what they thought of it. If i saw someone grounding to the seat belt bolt i would not cover their product at all. It may be that you crossed a wire on the amp by removing and re-installing the ground wire on the amp so many times. They are not made so you can remove and re-install the amp several times. They are made to be installed and left alone. The more you take the wires in and out the more fragments of wire break off from the screw coming down on the wire and if just one tiny piece of wire crosses a contact between your positive and negative it will spark a fire. No offense and im not trying to bash you but you should have stopped after blowing the first few fuses and asked us for help.

That is true,I had a Rockford Amp(the old ugly pewter-colored ones shaped like a trapazoid) and I was hooking it up and like you said a strand of the Neg wire touch the POS wire and it blow the Amp,this why I don`t use RF amps too damn sensitve- voltage -wise,now if ot had been an PPI amp it would have not have been a problem those amp would take a dead short and still would have functioned.

Yea my old precision power pc2350 amp i have shorted out several times (the wire from its previous owner was not thick enough and caused the quick connect terminal to melt and it made a fray of wire touch the positive and it sparked a little before the fuse popped) but ive ran that amp on poor electrical and it worked great too.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Mount your amp, being wedged in there does not cut it. Not trying to be an ass but I've personally seen 2 amps go up in smoke which could have been avoided by mounting the amplifier, once was caused by a pothole and the other was from slamming the brakes for a deer. The deer situation also fried the kids bcm which was a pretty penny to fix, so consider only having a fried amp a blessing.

The bottom plate protecting the main board of amps are only placed a few mm away from the circuit board, a good pothole is all it takes to get that plate to touch the board and poof you're out an amplifier. 4 screws and 10 minutes may have saved your amplifier and hundreds of dollars.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.